Turntable suggestions for novice...

I would like to add vinyl to my system but am currently on a limited budget. Also, I have not listened to vinyl in about 30 years. My current system is quite good: Cambridge Audio Azur 740C 24-bit upsampling CD player; Musical Fidelity A3cr dual mono pramp, Odyssey Audio Stratus Plus 150 wpc SS amp; all Audioquest interconnects with Midnight 3 hyperlitz bi-wire speaker wire; Von Schweikert VR-4 loudspeakers; RBH stand-alone sub amp with RBH passive sub. I'd like a good 9/10ths turntable (likely used) for under $500. Any sleepers or recommendations?
klipschking
I would difinitely do a Rega P3 w RB300 but I would opt for the acrylic platter and a good moving coil cartridge. The Rega has great rhythym and pacing. The timing alone on this unit will make you pat your feet and play air guitar, etc. The acrylic platter gives you a darker background and tigher bass than the stock platter. Just the RB300 is worth every penny especially when you can have it rewired and up the performance a few extra notches. Good Luck Happy Listening!
Don't do it! Its expensive I got back into vinyl about 6 years ago. I said I would not spend more than $1000.00. Now my turntable set up is an upper end Sota turntable with SME V arm, Zyx 4D cartridge, and Zyx Artisan phono amp which has stuck a serious dent in my savings. Just proceed with caution. I did also start wth a Rega P3 and their matching yellow cartridge I beleive it is called the Exact. The Rega is a great place to start. It has a great arm and it does sound good!
+1 more on the Rega with the RB300. Buy it right and you cant go wrong in terms of resale when you ultimately acquire Thesoundhouse's disease. In all liklihood you will be happy with it as a quality start point and there's lots of little tweaks to improve it.
Used Denon 47F. Denon 160 cartridge. I know, it is an automatic, but you come to cover the repeat feature. Oh, almost forgot, only buy one where you can pick it up. Otherwise, you are wasting your money. These do not ship well even with the original packing and cartons.