EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
Someone told me in the US EMT products are not very well known and not marketed very well. Is that true? Of course the turntables are not build anymore but carts, phono stages etc. are still being produced and sold.

best & fun only - Thuchan
Regarding cables using with the EMT R80 I started to run it with professionell Balanced Cables which is quite good. Nevertheless small improvements are possible if one is using a special silver cable between the phono pre and the pre - even over 5 meters.

Thuchan- I believe the group marketing the EMT products are very professional and dedicated to quality. I cannot speak for the sales in the USA, but perhaps the reason they are not as popular as in Europe or Asia has more to due with buying habits and audio magazine influences.

I am only speculating, but until recently, the audio magazines set the stage with reviews of new more mainstream products, and EMT is a niche player at this time.
Logenn, you're right. It' s about the audio magazines which are not focused on vintage items, maybe with the exception of Sterophile's Art Dudley but even not Mike Fremer. They not necessarily need to test vintage equipment but could refer to it's sonic quality, especially with turntables, tonearms and carts. This is unfortunately missing but...

maybe it's time to start a vintage magazine, or is there one?

Thuchan
I maybe wrong but even during the time of these tables production few if any were reviewed here in North America let alone even a brief mention of their existence.

Articles on vintage equiptment it's likely any reviewer today that wanted to write favorable comparison's to the best of today's line up would simply be refused by the editor.
There is no saleable product other then some nostalgic article of some long gone forgotten out of production item.
Eckert your idea for a vintage item magazine I'm sure would be a popular one.
Similar to vintage knob perhaps except with select World wide contributors,time line history data of outstanding components, articles and pictures galore.
Finally, maybe think about NOT having a members blog.
Mark