A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
I use the AT 605 feet (the smallest ones amongst the 3 in dgob's pic) on my sp10. I didn't even know there were larger ones. The small feet work fine and the large ones are probably better suited for using under heavy plinths. Someone posted that the 616 (the largest ones) are rated to hold 15kg EACH.

I going to get some of those larger ones nevertheless, just to see if there's an improvement.
Dear Banquo363: Yes, 15kg a piece. These AT footers are way different to the 605, the 616 are pneumatic design that take away vibrations/resonances from the audio item and impede too that come in any vibrations/resonances coming from where the AT616 are seated.

Something that the 605 could do it but at lesser quality performance level and yes there will be a huge improvement when you test it.
The 616 is out of production and not easy to find out and I can tell you that one 616 footer is more expensive than the 605 set.

If you can find is worth the effort, I own three sets and like Dgob I'm satisfied with.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Thanks, Raul.

Ok, I get first dibs on the next set of 616 that go up for sale.

Seriously though: what is the function of the weight guidelines for footers? The sp10 mkii weighs around 20 lbs, so one of the 616 would be sufficient, weight-wise. That would make me infer that 3 or 4 of them would be overkill and, more to the point, counterproductive. But if Raul's' right, then that inference is bad.

Perhaps the weight guidelines set an upper limit but not a lower one? No matter, I'm getting a set as soon as some become available.
Dear Banquo363: The AT616 operate from audio items in the 10kgs to 60 kgs weight range.

These insulator are beautiful made with a very high quality and where the 605 looks like a " poor toy " but the more important subject is that its three way insulators works really fine.

I used not only with my TTs and TT motors but with my subwoofers too and works very good on both items.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Lewm,

Yes, the largest set are the AT616 footers. The others work well also, I think.

Worth a try if you see any going (Yahoo Japan often has variations).