A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Dear Halcro, The Germans are not considered as having any sense for humour. By the Dutch in any case.But they produced this saying:'if theory and practice coincide then
they are probable both false'. They were also the first to
mentinon this 'unity between theory and practice' ( Marx if
I am correct). Now I consider Jonathan as a genius designer
(think also about his pres), a nice guy and as honest as
'Gold' as one says ( aka indisputable integrity). But his
aims and intentions are impossible to fulfil without his own preferences or testes. His work imply both: the technical knowledge and application of this knowledge to
reach some ends. For him this 'unity' of theory and practice must be self-evident.
But we want a separation of 'objective' and 'subjective'
aspects of the valuation process and can always attribute
some of his propositions to his 'subjective valuation'.
The same apply to Raul btw. Now this 'subjective valuation'
is connected with our upbringing,culture, education, family infuences , experience etc, etc. Ie our whole brain is involved. To refer to all this as 'subjective' is
of course very slim. But somehow in our discussions we are
predisposed to talk about 'subjective' as something that is
suspicious. Why are we so skeptical about those with whom
we disagree?

Regards,
Dear Nicola,
A very insightful thought.
I also wonder the same thing?
On another topic......why are you selling your SAEC tonearm?
If the discussion presents dissent as well as assent, yes. Assent only, not so useful.
Agree entirely Jonathan. Keep it coming :^)
Regards
Henry
Oh Jonathan,
I forgot......I took your advice and found an FR-5 MM cartridge and about 6 months later with Nandric's help, I found a 5e stylus and.....after supergluing the top-piece of the cartridge to the bottom ( there was significant swivelling there:^()......it sounds wonderful fixed to a Yamamoto HS-1AS headshell riding on an SAEC-308N tonearm parked beside the TT-81.
I believe it IS better than the FR-6SE as you said.
Thanks for the tip:^)
Cheers
Henry
I agree Henry. The FR-5 IS better than the FR-6 and sounds quite decent. I haven't tried it in that particular headshell but I imagine it would sound better than I have heard it yet. And because it is not 'audiophile-approved' in the other thread, it can be gotten 'cheaply'... :^)