A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Hi Halcro,

I suspect that the statement "I like..." would be subjective ("Je pense, donc je suis") but when one says "I like because..." one enters into dialogue and proofs (objective) are often sought in order to challenge or support that preference. The difficulty concerning our topic seems to be to agree or locate those 'objective' (generally meaning, demonstrable within the - disputed - laws of science) proofs to satisfy all.

As always...
Dear Halcro, I have something with the tonearms. Lucky me
in the time of Freud there were no such 'objects of disire'
so I will never know what's wrong with me. But I am a peculiar tonearm collector. I like to see, inspect and admire them for a while.Alas because of restricted means I need to sell some in order to buy some other. This the only
way for me to 'inspect' as many as possible.

Kind regards,
Hi Halcro,

Before Nandric jumps in with his view, I'd just like to say that I have not meant to detract from the main subject of this post with my last comment and am sorry if I have.

I am not familiar enough with Frege (the 'extent' or impact of the supposed limitations of his mathematic on his luiguistic rationalism; the 'extent' and differences between his concept of 'logic', etc) to criticise his approach and thinking. For me, such difference in thinking still stands as a key and inevitable aspect of philosophy. Nor am I, as has been suggested elsewhere, a Kantian or Hegelian.

For those interested, I would never advocate standing under the banner of any one thinker and I realise that things are rarely as simple or clear cut as might be wished: 'http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/frege/'.

Apologies for this final abstraction and I continue to follow (and, hopefully, contribute to) the developments on this thread with real interest.

As always...
I view placing my rack between my speakers a lesser evil. I have very small room (16x10x8ft or 5x3x2m LxWxH). I simply do not have anywhere else where it can be placed other than in a corner, which is worse.

There is one place where the rack could be placed but I would then require long interconnects (20ft RCA's). As result I would trade off mechanical problems for electrical ones.

This sport is all about trade-offs, at all levels from the tone-arm to the room.
Hi Nick_sr,

I face a similar dilemma and tried both for some time. I went for the extra length on preamp to amp interconnects (power amp between speakers - feeling that the speaker cable length is more telling). Analysis Plus [Silver Oval, as originally recommended to me by Raul] pride themselves on control/accuracy over long lengths. Their conducted square wave tests appear to support that view and - as I said - my hearing seems to agree. Although not ideal, this might therefore be worth giving a listen.

As always...