A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Oh c'mon D,
You know you're dying to chime in?
High-mass platters anyone?
Cheers
Henry
Hi Henry,
won't disappoint you.... ;-) .. it's not high mass or not ..... it is applied physics or not.
This shouldn't be about what we like or not, but what is necessary to achieve a certain result.
We may not always like the path of physic ( can be cruel, expensive, heavy, ugly - extend at wish ..), but physic doesn't care whether we like it or not.
Cheers,
D.
Inshore referred to this information on the MM thread which I thought was very interesting.

Actual Stylus/Cartridge Vibrations Study - Findings By Reed.

Is this a valid study ?

Would the motor/platter/belt resonances not represent a second set of lines on the top diagram clashing with the stylus resonances ?

Opinions ?
Ecir38 (10-12-11),

You could try Equarack or the AT616 that many of us (well, at least 'some' of us) are using.

Good luck

As always
Dertonarm,

I sometimes wonder if physics isn't a little like a guess who always arrives late to the party! For example, different materials and weights of headshells on different tonearms create very noticeable differences in performance of different cartridges. The link between tonearm, headshell and specific cartridges therefore seems to be a relationship whose success can only be found by a 'try-it-and-see' approach. That physics can then be applied to infer why a certain relationship works is interesting but (as was once famously misapplied) it seems a 'necessary but not sufficient' condition in determining such selections.

As always...