Removable headshells 101

Due to the influence of Raul's thread on MM cartridges, I believe that some of us (perhaps for the first time), have acquired a tonearm/s with a removable headshell?
In my case, there was a vacuum of knowledge or information about what makes a good headshell and for the last 6 months a great deal of my time and effort has been expended in acquiring personal hands-on experience.
Perhaps a Forum to share experiences will help new adherents to this once denigrated (by the High End) segment of tonearm design?
128x128halcro
For cheap headshells ($25-$28) I quite like the Denon PCL5 and PCL7 models available from Foxtan (Hong Kong) on EBay or Email me for contact details.
For reasonable price/ great performance headshells ($90) I go with the Micro Seiki 303-X available from Goldenageaudio (Melbourne) on EBay or Email me for contact details.
For high price synergy on FR series tonearms I like the FR-3 headshell available from both the above sources and I must admit I'm impressed with the Yamamoto African wood headshell available directly from Japan (beware of Chinese copies ex Hong Kong).
There are also cheap Chinese made copies of the Orsonic headshells ex Hong Kong from a prominent dealer to beware of?
Dear Halcro, My father was familiar with i.a. Adam Smith who was the first to mention something called 'division of labor'. The wealth of nations is somehow connected with this division but this 'principle' also imply that we all benefit from each other. But if simplicity of an theory is
a virtue (like Popper thought) then I should mention my mom. According to my mom there are only good and bad people.
BTW I have a valve so when I notice some steam comming from
my ears or some overheating I adjust the valve.

Regards,
Dear Banguo363, I am suprised that such a eloquent person
can make such kind of comparision. Social activity is universal and not restricted to 'pluralistic democracy'.
The question of the sence of those activitys is impossible
to answer a priory. But my experience is that those activitys make us 'social being'. But your comparision looks like this: John killed two persons and rob two banks but,you know, nobody is perfect. Ie all kinds of activitys are somehow equal qua sence or nonsence( what is the sence of a,b,c...n).
Now regarding the info you got from MM thread. To me the
difference between MC carts and MM carts is this.If you fancy whatever MC cart you can buy one. If you fancy some
MM cart, say , a cart of the month, you may need to wait ad
calendas grekas to get one. The scarcity principle is already at work so you had the chance to buy the AKG 100 for $2900. But you also mentioned your pocket book while I mentioned Marllene Ditrich. So despite your contra arguments I am convinced that you will keep your pocked book in check.This however does not suggest that you will
ever own,say, 10 MM carts. And this make, according to me,
some possibility to discriminate between sence and non sence. BTW if you was able to read nearly 4000 contributions to this thread you should be also able to discover many statements about the headshells.

Regards,
Dear Banquo363: The very first time ( one year ago ) that I tested the Azden I made it mounted in a SAEC ULS-2X ( composite build material. ) in the AT 1503 tonearm with very good results.
This time ( you can read about in the MM thread: last posts. ) I mounted in the Grace G-945 with own magnesium Grace headshell and its performance is nothing less than spectacular.

Remember that as important is the headshell as is the tonearm and cartridge/tonearm set up along capacitance loading.

Btw, I don't think is the best move to go for the Technihard AT headshells: its plattform body ( between other things. ) is too short for many MM/MI cartridges.

On the Empire cartridge you can read here about:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ranlg&1275323834

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear dertonarm: Yes, " every one in a while ...". Well, I think that we agree more than what we " shows ".

Audio it is not E=mc2, is almost simple that it is difficult not to agree on the main subjects.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.