Removable headshells 101

Due to the influence of Raul's thread on MM cartridges, I believe that some of us (perhaps for the first time), have acquired a tonearm/s with a removable headshell?
In my case, there was a vacuum of knowledge or information about what makes a good headshell and for the last 6 months a great deal of my time and effort has been expended in acquiring personal hands-on experience.
Perhaps a Forum to share experiences will help new adherents to this once denigrated (by the High End) segment of tonearm design?
128x128halcro
Dear Banquo363: Well not easy to get those very short screws for the Empire, I'm lucky because I have hundred of screws and I found it a pair for it but you can mount the Empire in a non-AT headshell and then you can use a " normal " length screws with nuts.

Yes, the headshell wires goes connected to the Azden's adaptor pins and not to the cartridge ones.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Raul, well - over the past 3 decades it were for me only those 4 headshells I mentioned which I used. After 20 years of Orsonic AVs and Clearaudio Stability (which is after all a copycat of the Orsonic) the Technihard 18 was the first headshell coming along in quite some time with a straight and mechanical excellent executed design and a very fair price.
However - I too would like to see rather long slots instead of threaded holes.
When I used MMs and MIs, they were mounted in my Air Tangent, ET 2, STAX-UA90 and Graham - sans headshell.
Cheers,
D.

Hey Folks,

Haven't seen anybody reply to my SME 309 question.

Anybody know if the 309 is a non standard pin/collar headshell?

BTW, is there a name for the standard headshell connection?

Thanks,
Robert
Dear Robob: The 309 has a SME " dedicated/non-standard " removable headshell but that's not the Universal removable headshell like the one SME used in the 3012 and the ones we are named in this thread.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Nandric,

the German magazine "Das Ohr" was published by Klaus Renner from 1982 until Klaus Renner's death in 1991.

DerTonarm wrote some very interesting articles about music for "Das Ohr" (about 6 if I remember correctly). Therefore DerTonarm was associated with the magazine for some time, but "Das Ohr" was not definitely not DerTonarm's magazine.

Regards
Blam!