Removable headshells 101

Due to the influence of Raul's thread on MM cartridges, I believe that some of us (perhaps for the first time), have acquired a tonearm/s with a removable headshell?
In my case, there was a vacuum of knowledge or information about what makes a good headshell and for the last 6 months a great deal of my time and effort has been expended in acquiring personal hands-on experience.
Perhaps a Forum to share experiences will help new adherents to this once denigrated (by the High End) segment of tonearm design?
128x128halcro
Pryso - yes interesting isn't it, Henry's comments amount to "this emperor has no clothes" :)
Dear pryso/Dlaloum: I totally agree with Halcro on the Orsonic hadshells ( I owned all the different original models. ) that IMHO are just a crap of headshell full of distortions.

Of course there are people that loves those distortions because IMHO they don't know/be aware that part of what they are hearing through this headshell in reality is added distortion.

This Orsonic headshell is one more myth in the analog audio that sellers spread the " rumor " that was a " great one " with out IMHO any precise/clear evidence and with out any other " help " ( for we customers. ) that makes easy money.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Hi Pryso, This is the problem of the abundance of information: I forget my 'source'. Anyway that is way I bought Clearaudio Titanium. An obvious copy of Orsonic.
But if Raul's and Halcro's objections also apply to Clearaudio I have obviously lost more money then those who have bought the Orsonic. Being cautious is alas not sufficient.

Regards,
Thinking further on this, it seems to me that any headshell with such poor structural integrity that one could "actually see the shell convulsing", then it could be twisted (albeit slightly) by hand as well. I mean, how much energy does the stylus/cantilever generate as it traces the groove?

The Orsonic I purchased appears to be very rigid, at least to attempts to twist it by hand.

Now I'm not suggesting that Henry and Raul are wrong about the lack of good sonic qualities. But I am inclined to try it for myself before discarding it -- and yes Raul, with a few different cartridges to see if I find a match.
Pryso,
The forces transferred into the headshell can be large on a microscopic level 'if' they allowed to be magnified by poor structural design and/or rigidity.
If you examine the design o the Orsonic headshell you will see that the bulk of the aluminium structure is elevated above the pin socket which connects to the headshell.
This creates a 'lever arm' for a bending moment and the larger the lever arm.....the greater the bending moment proportional to the square of the lever arm.
The connection of this headshell to the socket itself on the Orsonic (or the copies)......is weak and poorly designed.
If you fix your Orsonic onto the tonearm......try holding the tonearm steady and whilst gripping the headshell at its extreme end......try twisting it back and forward.
This should illuminate the problem :^(