Ground loop b/w amp and phono stage

I recently bought the Ayon Triton integrated and when it is connected to my phono stage, Pass Labs XP-15, there is a major buzz coming through the speakers which increases as you turn up the volume. You can even hear it through the music when played at high volume. Needless to say, I'm not playing vinyl at the moment. But when I used the CD player, there is no buzz at all. It's only there on the input which the phono is connected to.

I have used cheater plugs, cheap cables with the ground removed, I've connected the amp directly into the wall plug, I switched from unbalanced to balanced interconnects, and am currently out of ideas. The Pass worked perfectly with my previous solid state mcintosh gear.
ssayeed
Ssayeed, based on what I have read here it sounds like there is a bad ground at the input of the preamp.

No cables => no buzz
2 different arms => buzz
ground cheater =>

If the above is all true the only other possibility is that *both* tone arms have a problem.
, if I do that, there is no sound.
No buzz you mean? Complete silence?

I tried an rca cable plugged into the input section of the phono stage though (Kent at Pass Labs asked me to this) and the buzz returned.
An open ended patch cord connected to the input of the phono preamp sure would cause a buzz...
I think you misunderstood what Kent at Pass Lab wanted you to do.
Or I am misunderstanding what you did...

Just for the heck of it did you try connecting the ground wire from the TT to the Ayon Triton integrated amp instead of the phono preamp?
Jea48, yeah I tried that. Depending on whether the ground is lifted, there is more or less sound but either way it's still pretty loud.

Atmasphere, I have used this phono and these arms with two other amps and have not had an issue. Dead silence. One was a McIntosh C2300 and MC501 combo and the other was a Cary Cad-300. Tomorrow, I am borrowing an Ear 834p from a friend and trying that. I'll let you guys know what happens.