VPI SDS help

I bought a VPI SDS here on Audiogon for my townshend rock 7 turntable. According to my research The rock 7 is ac motor 110 volt.

I installed the SDS with the TT but the TT motor is spinning very slowly at the 33rpm setting. I changed the default sds voltage from 72 to 115 but it's still slow and increasing the frequency from 60 to 65 did not get it working right either.

Am I doing something wrong or does the SDS not work with this TT
radioheadokplayer
No way to know if the SDS is broken, or it just does not work with your TT.
Sorry.
Call or email VPI and see if they have had experience with this combination. I am currently using an SDS on a non VPI table; a look at members systems will show that some others are also. But each table has its own characteristics.
I emailed VPI based on that good suggestion here.

VPI responded:

Check the capacitor on your motor, if it is less than .68 microfarads you need to change it for a .68.  Less than that value and the SDS looks at it like it is a short.

MY Question now is how easy is it to change capacitors on a turntable motor?

Thanks

Mike
You may need patience trying to reach VPI - they often don't answer the phones or respond to e-mail for days at a time. There is no excuse given the size of their customer and dealer base.
I should have thought of that, the Classic has to have a capacitor changed to prevent a loud pop or to use the SDS. On the Classic it was very easy, I have never has a Townsend so don't know. I suspect it is not too hard. On the Classic the cap is in the AC line attached with wire nuts [ wire nuts ARE NOT those members given to buying $2000 ICs and $3500 PCs, but I digress]. Try to take the bottom cover [if it has one] off and see if you can see a cap. Unplugged of course.