Rega P25 w/orig Exact Cart - good? + mV question

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm getting the vinyl bug for some reason. So, I found a Rega P25 that has the original Rega Exact cartridge on it from 2001. The problem is that it's an estate situation and no one who is alive knows anything about the turntable, it's use, hours, etc. Obviously the remaining life on the cartridge would affect the value of the item.

How can I possibly tell if the cartridge still has a lot of life left on it or not? The turntable works, plays, and sounds great today and looks like it's been very well cared for.

And, what would you guys be willing to pay for a Rega P25 with an Exact cartridge on it, not knowing anything about the cartridge?

Also, I've been reading about different cartridges having different mV outputs, and so that raises another question. For now, this deck, if I buy it, would be going into a Yamaha RX-V3800 which has a 3.5mV input sensitivity spec and a 60mV maximum input voltage spec. Is this cartridge a good match for my receiver?

Thanks!
smhyde
The P25 is a nice entry level table. If you get the table first replace the drive belt. You can do that, easy to do. The P25 I would offer no more than $250 since you do not know the cartridge life left - plan on getting another cartridge - say a Dynavector 10X5. Since the owners know nothing about the table you may be able to get a sweet deal - offer them $100 initially. For your receiver I would plan on getting a phono stage to run the P25 through - if your Yammy has a phonoo stage it is probably pretty basic at best. Good luck and let us know how you do.
$250 for a P25 with an exact? That table + cart would be around $1800 new

That table + cart is worth about $8-900 I would say, if you can get it for $750 you got a steal
Thanks. I'm inclined to agree with Goatwuss here. I was implying the owners know nothing about the cartridge life, not the whole thing. They do know that it's an expensive turntable because it's found it's way to a hi-fi shop. They don't normally deal with turntables, so they're willing to deal a little here. If I had found the estate itself, I may have been able to get a whole slew of really nice stuff cheap.

Asking price was $950 originally and they have offered it to me for $800. I'd like to get it for $700 not knowing about the remaining life expectency of the cartridge. I'll let you know what happens!