Tube amps that can hande 4 ohmsl

Is this a question I should be asking? Or is it a dumb idea all together? Anyone use a tube amp with a four ohm speakers? Am I looking for trouble?
tbadder
Atma-Sphere MA-2 tube OTL amplifiers have no trouble driving a 4 ohm load. I drive Avalon Eidolons, a nominal 4 ohm load, with this amplifier with great results. Generally, however, tube mplifiers will be happier with higher impedance speakers.
I have Aranov tubes on my Kef 4 speakers that are 4 Ohm. The Aranovs are noted for a good bottom end ....but I have a REL subwoofer also to help down low. Other than the Aranovs, many tube amps do have a specific setting for 4 ohms that will help match the load.

More important than the actual 4 ohm rating is the impeadence variance (i.e does the speaker drop to 2 ohms or even lower). Impeadence variance below 4 ohms can make things difficult for even the best amps. Efficency and design of speakers, and of course, power of the tube amp, also factor into the equation. -Lorne
David Berning ZH-270 otl definitely stable into 4 ohms, no problem. I am currently using them to drive Soundlab Pristine ll's with outstanding performance, the 270 can drive then up into the mid 90db's without strain and they drop down to at least 3 ohms. This is the only OTL on the planet that is able to actually increase its output power steadily as impedance drops. 70W@ 8 ohms (typical output power at onset of clipping 84W@ 8 ohms, 110W @ 4 ohm). This amp has the MOST drive and musicality of any amplifer I have ever heard. It also incredible bass output, unlike other OTL's.

Chris
More info on your specific needs would be helpfull. Most tube amps can handle 4 ohm loads; Tenor, Atma-sphere, BAT, Lamm, ARC, VTL, etc.

I think it really depends on the speakers.
My Totem Mani-2 speakers are also 4 ohms, and I am having excellent results with a pair of modded Altec 1570B tube monoblocks (170 wpc in triode).