DENON DL-304. Is it the bargain sound or not?

Hello to everyone!
I leave in Greece and it is the first time to write as a member of Audiogon.
First of all I would like to clarify that I am glad to join with your great company!
I like the “analog” site of music, so I have a couple of questions to do.

My current system is:Preamplifier: Onkyo P-304, Power Amplifier: Onkyo M-504, Loudspeakers: Scandyna Blueroom – Minipods, Subwoofer: Blueroom Bass Station, Turntable: Technics SL-1210 MK2, Cartridge: Denon DL-304. The problem is that the sound is very “bright” when I play music with my turntable. I mean that in many discs, the high frequencies are more aggressive than they should be.
delamostre1
I have a friend that has a different set up, with a Luxman Pre C-3 and Power Amp M-3, a Victor TT-81 turntable, with UA-7045 tonearm and B&W 803 Matrix loudspeakers.

When we put the Denon DL-304 cartridge to Victor turntable, the results where exactly the same. The vinyl that we test the sound is “Chuck Mangione - Children of Sanchez “.

I think that the “problem” is Denon, so my question is: “Can you suggest me what I can do? Is it the best way to replace the cartridge with another and with witch? Is there any other solution without replacing it?”

A friend of mine proposed me the Audio – Technica AT-150MLX cartridge for better results. If I replace the Denon with AT, do I have better results or worse? Is there any cartridge with better sound than Denon in that budget of money?

Thanks in advance for your help!
It would be worse in my opinion. I have had several 304s and never found them bright. On the other hand 2 of my friends have the Technics table and I find them bright. The AT 150 has a reputation for being agressive on the top end so I would look for something softer in sound. I have used a Denon 103; you could look at it or the 103R. But first I would check the tracking angle you are using; try running with the arm lower in the back; also track at the top of the recommended range, it usually works better. But it is hard to decide just which componet is contributing what without having others to subustute in that system.
In your present situation, I would go for one of the Grados, either the silver or red.