DENON DL-304. Is it the bargain sound or not?

Hello to everyone!
I leave in Greece and it is the first time to write as a member of Audiogon.
First of all I would like to clarify that I am glad to join with your great company!
I like the “analog” site of music, so I have a couple of questions to do.

My current system is:Preamplifier: Onkyo P-304, Power Amplifier: Onkyo M-504, Loudspeakers: Scandyna Blueroom – Minipods, Subwoofer: Blueroom Bass Station, Turntable: Technics SL-1210 MK2, Cartridge: Denon DL-304. The problem is that the sound is very “bright” when I play music with my turntable. I mean that in many discs, the high frequencies are more aggressive than they should be.
delamostre1
Many threads mention a thick slab of butcher block wood to help the sound of the table.

I was wondering if a slab of solid granite (like a leftover from a kitch counter project) would do the trick?

Or is there something inherently wrong with stone/granite that precludes it from reducing vibration and providing better damping?
I had a slab of black granite under my VPI Scout turntable. Tended to make the sound bright and thin. Solid maple (butcherblock) 2 to 3 inches thick is better. You will get a warmer and richer sound, very musical. I had a Grado Gold and didn't care too much for it. I actually liked a Shure m97e something or other and it was much more involving in my system. I am now using a ZU/Denon DL103 moving coil cartridge that blows away anything under 500.00. I ended up putting the slab of granite under my tube preamp, made a slight difference for the better.

Bob
May be your preamp has great matching with Denon DL-103.
In my situation with Onkyo P-304 preamp, i don't think that i have any chance to hear Denon carts...

So my final selection will be under 3 different products.
Audio Technica AT-150MLX, Grado Gold, Ortofon black.

Does anyone have any opinion, about those three diamonds?
I have experience with a 1970's predecessor to the Grado Gold and have been using an AT150MLX for the past three years. I have no experience with the Ortofon Black or other carts with Shibata stylii.

I will say that the diamond on the AT150MLX is extremely fine and well cut. It's a micro-line diamond, and the few other carts with micro-line stylii are much more expensive (~$2K) moving coil cartridges. It's similar if not identical to the micro-ridge stylus of the late lamented Shure V15VxMR.

The diamond on the AT150MLX seems to have a knack for sitting in a quiet unworn part of the groove (I have lots of used LPs). Being so precisely cut, the stylus rewards you with careful setup and easily reveals differences in VTA, overhang, and VTF.

The AT150MLX impressed me as a legitimate entry in the world of high end. It has a quickness, trackability, and resolution level I've never heard at that price or below. I can listen to very expensive rigs at my local high end stores, come home and spin up something with the AT150MLX and not feel like I'm missing much if anything.

I'd say it's at least the equal of the Rega Exact.
I would advise the Grado for your preamp.
The 304, as well as most modern MC carts, are not a good match for your preamp.

In any case, I have found the 304 difficult to set-up properly with a number of preamps and phono stages.

The 103R has been a whole different story, very easy to set up and easily matching phono stages or Sowter step up transformers.

I guess the more expensive 304 is more picky in its companions!