Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
Wow, this thread has veered off into so many different directions, many of them useless and not pertinent to the original topic. What is really hard to believe is that people are still posting to it. If we keep it going perhaps it could become the longest thread about nothing in a while (aka Seinfeld - that show had soul).
"That just might be the most absurd thing I have ever read on these forums."

I must disagree with this statement. I love classical music and I do not agree with Orpheus10, but, the most absurd?? No way! Not even close! Does not even make the top 1000. My current favorite is the member that trashed a CD player because he could read a magazine from cover to cover while it was playing. In the world of absurdity, that is Nobel Prize quality.
Learsfool, when you add classic and soul you get "James Brown". Tell me what classical music "boogies".

No one defines "Orpheus10", except "Orpheus10".

Now, back to the subject. TT's and cartridges are "voiced" for different genre's of music, but perhaps only the most astute audiophiles are aware of this; which makes the fact why you are so "unaware" that much more apparent.
Thanks, Marakanetz. The Violektric phono stage looks pretty cool. There is some possible ambiguity in the product description, but it does seem to be truly a balanced circuit. Other true balanced phono stages include Atma-sphere MP1 and MP3, Ayre p5Xe, BAT phono stages, Hagerman Trumpet, K&K, VSE RTP3, and probably more that do not come to mind at the moment. I wonder if Violektric supply a phono cable terminated with the male version of that 5-pin connection.
Yup,
Stretching the budget for this upgrade. Choice of cartridges with such phono is unlimited and my hands are itching to rewire tonearm to 5-pin stereo-balanced.

I've also heard that 5-pin stereo-balanced interface transfers sole(from turntable) to components in the chain much more efficient and with less jitter and shorter length errors than RCA unbalanced:)