Some tables have soul and some not

Why is that? Do you think it is always very subjective?
Say, Nottingham Spacedeck does have it and SME does not even if in some respects SME can be called a better or depending on model much better table.
Thoughts, opinions, name callings ?
inna
Holland is a very liberal society though got a little harder recently as I heard. Actually just about any place I hear about is getting harder. Just imagine what will happen if they do find that God particle and keep playing with that stuff. Boys with toys, that's for sure. As someone said, what we study we change, and we have no idea how.
So..before buying a turntable we should try to understand the designer, and ourselves.
Dear Nandric,
the debt issue was ironic - at least the perception thing. You were too much on the war trail motivated by Rok2id ? Of course your statement regarding this issue is totally right.

Dear Rok2id,
I just returned from Pearl Harbour having learned that some 50.000 US army and marine staff are working on the islands. 188 ships in the Pacific Fleet right now!. This is nearly as much as the Romans had :-) okay we forgot the other half of the world...

best @ fun only
Dear Inna,

Tapes are wonderful but very costly. At the moment I watch the "Tape Community" seeing that quite an amount of really good Master Tape Copies (not 2nd and 3rd ones) are entering the market for lower prices as it used to be three years ago, usally Jazz and Rock copies.

It will always be a niche in the audiophile's room but a very nice one.

I happened to align my old Ortofon-Stereo arm much better now, taking into account some forgotten recipies from the 50 ies and 60 ies of the last century. My friend advised me. My god, this combination - EMT and Ortofon - has soul! I am not saying it to praise myself but giving a hint that it is worth a try ending up with a perfectly adjusted EMT idler. I also do understand that people like the Garrard 301 cause it has soul too - even if it bears some limitation. Unfortunately most of the modern concepts lost their soul somewhere on the "distortion tooling bench".
As Roman senators could say: " There are better things than war" and would go to the brothel with the best on-site musicians. And they would be absolutely right, I think.
Dear Inna, 'born warríor' is a methaphor which make more sense than the methaphor of 'the soul in a TT'. You are obviously selective qua methaphors but without fundation.
To be honest I am suprised that you know anything about
Serbia, Holland and tribes in Pakistan. But 'to become a
warrior is a way of never te grow up' is of bewildering
naivety . Ever heard about 'compulsory (military) service'
(Vietnam) . Ever heard about a farmer who started any war?
Ie it is certainly not a question of free choice. The fate
of Serbia was more determinated by the geo-politacal place
then the 'Serbian soul'. But if one grow up in a continul
war state one become a warrior by necessity. The people have no other choice than to defend their ground. To impress our Rambo Rik: Hitler needed 500000 soldiers in the 'tiny' Yugoslavia to keep the 'feedpipe' for Germany
functional. For the same 'military expert': ever heard about Koerks and Stalingrad where the Germans were actually defeated? The American invasion of Sicily started pretty late in July 1943. As you are sellective with methaphors the Rambo Rik is sellective in the II W.W. history.

Regards,