Proper tracking force for the AT 150 MLX

The Recommended tracking force is .75-1.75, and I was wondering if this sounds accurate. I know with the Denon 110 I had previously it seemed the general consensus was that it should track .50 above the recommended force at 2.50. I usually have my 150 set around 1, and it sounds great, but I seem to have issues with records skipping unlike before. It this due to the lower tracking force?
jmoog08
The 150 MLX should track flawlessly at 1.5g. This is what I use in my Technics SL-1210M5G which has a very pedestrian tonearm.

If you're having tracking problems, I would check tonearm alignment and/or anti-skating setting.
Dear Jmoog08: ++++ " I usually have my 150 set around 1, and it sounds great," +++++

IMHO and in order to achieve the best cartridge/tonearm quality performance in your set up certainly the " right " VTF is critical and no one of us can tell you which VTF is optimal in your set up to match not only the cartridge/tonearm expectations but your music/sound reproduction priorities.
So you have to test different VTF values: 1.25, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6,grs, etc, etc. Remember that each time you change the VTF you have to reset the VTA/SRA set up and overhang.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
I track mine at 1.3. Not too many skips here, so it tracks very well overall. I maybe should try 1.5 as Audiofiel suggested. I also have the Technics 1210M5G.