which turntable to buy for $1500 best value ?

i have a rega p2 hooked up to an arcam fmj a18. i want to take a considerable jump with my tt. i am considering marantz 15s1 but wonder with the great cartridge it comes with, is that what i am basicly paying for or does the table belong in that price range. other possibilities are the concept, used p5, used scout [heard they were tricky to set up] or possibly a rp6 which would break me for a while.
smognote
I really dig my Pro-ject II Xperience Classic ($1500 new). The Blue Point No 2 cart that comes with it is a pretty good value. My deck was used, but really well maintained (the previous owner switched out the BP2 for a Sumiko Blackbird, so the cart was almost new). If I actually had to pay the full retail for my table, I'd have taken a much longer look at the Scout and the Concept.
Used Garrard 401, cheap plywood plinth to get you going and a cheap but good arm e.g. Jelco 750, used Hadcock, Rega etc.
Stretch your budget a little and get a Well Tempered Simplex. I think it's around 1995.00. You will be glad you did.

Shakey
Well Tempered Simplex may be worth a listen. I believe it may just slightly exceed your $ Range.
thanks for the input on the project jazzerdave. i haven't looked into any project tt's but i will start. shakeydeal, the simplex just is'nt an option for me at that price range. how about a used emotion for under a grand? still very interested in info on the marantz? thanks again everyone.