Where should I go next? Where are my weak links?

I am now running a much simpler system than I did in the past. I have a pair of Zu Audio Essence speakers coupled with a Mini-Method sub. They are driven by a pair of Manley Neo-Retro 300b amplifiers. I listen mostly to vinyl. My turntable is a slightly upgraded VPI Scout with the SDS drive, scoutmaster platter, ring clamp and VPI mini feet. The scout is loaded with a Benz Micro L2 wood cartridge. I use a Linn Linto phono stage and a Manley Shrimp preamplifier. I condition the power on my source components with a Furman Elite 15. All my interconnect cables are Zu Audio Missions and my power cords are Zu Boks. My speaker cables are Zu Libtecs. I really love the sound produced by my system. I did not really understand how dynamic my 300b amps could sound until I coupled them with a copacetic set of speakers. But, being as I am, I can't help looking to improve on what I have. I am aware that I am not the most knowledgeable or experienced audiophile, so I am hoping for some useful suggestions from all you savvy folk out there. I am not looking to revolutionize my system at this time, just to refine what I have. I wonder whether an improved phono stage might be in the cards.
iramirez
Wow, thank you all for the suggestions. I actually agree with all of you.

1. Enjoy the music, yep, I'm definitely doing that. My system is good enough, it presents a solid enough illusion of realism that it takes an effort to actually listen critically, system wise that is...

2. I consider the Linto to be the weakest link in the system. I believe it is a competent phono stage, but not a remarkable one. I have been lusting after the Steelhead for a long time, but don't know what it could really do for my system. I've never really had an opportunity to hear a really good tubed phono stage. I've thought of selling my Linto and the Shrimp in order to acquire the Steelhead.
Yeah, the Chinook is a temptation. I know nothing of the Lamm, but I imagine that it is very good. Why is it better than the Steelhead?

3. The Furman has worked very well for me. It definitely helps reduce my noise floor without impacting adversely on the dynamics of my system. I have not tried any other conditioners excepting a Monster. The Monster did nothing for me. I imagine that there are much better conditioners out there, definitely an avenue I am willing to pursue.

4. I really like my Scout. I have used two different cartridges on it. I originally had the Dynavector that VPI recommended with it, but then I moved on to the Benz. The Scout may not be a world class turntable, but it certainly revealed the differences between cartridges, and it definitely exploits my Benz Micro's potential. The Benz was a big step up in my system. Funny, the thought of switching to the Amadeus is one that I just started considering yesterday. The Amadeus' reviews are intriguing, but I think I need to improve my phono stage first.

5. Tubes... My Manley amps are currently sporting Tung Sol 6SL7 input tubes, Westinghouse 6SN7 drivers and TJ Mesh 300B power tubes. I am replacing the TJ Mesh tubes in short order because I believe they are reaching the end of their lifetimes. I have been driving them pretty hard for 6 years and their previous owner used them for another four. I can definitely hear a bit of tube rush coming from them when the system is idle. I would love to replace them with Takatsukis, but they are too dear for my current budget. I am considering Psavanes at this point. My Shrimp is driven by a pair of Mullard 12AT7 tubes. I doubt I can find a better driver for my Shrimp.

So, if you can bear with me for a little longer, I have a few questions for you guys...

Syntax, why is the Lamm better than the Steelhead? Won't I get better synergy with the Steelhead, sticking with Manleys throughout?

Shakey, I am really intrigued by the Amadeus, but I'm afraid that it might be a little too complicated for me to use on a daily basis. My Scout is really plug and play, totally hassle free. Is the Amadeus easy to use? Also, do you think it would be synergistic with my Benz cartridge or would I also need to be thinking of a cartridge change.

Bigshutterbug, what amplifier stands do you suggest?

Charles1dad, I understand that you live in Michigan. I am in Ann Arbor. I have fantasized about a system just like yours since I first purchased my 300b amps (6 years ago). I would love to hear your system one day...

Rauliruegas, I don't know enough electronic engineering to see where the impedance mismatch between my Manley amps and the Zu Essences lies. The Zus are a 12 ohm speakers and the Manleys have a 12 ohm tap. I don't understand where you find the impedance mismatch. Please forgive my ignorance and try to enlighten me...

Once again, many thanks for your kind and thoughtful answers.

Cheers,

Ivan
The Amadeus is a little daunting to set up, but is extremely easy to use after that part is accomplished. I too am using a Benz, the L2, seems to be a wonderful match to my ears.

Shakey
Hello Ivan,
Your answers and questions are very thoughtful,you`re certainly on the right track.I live in Orchard Lake(near West Bloomfield).If you would like to sample my Takasuki or my Shuguang Black Treasure 300b tubes in your Manley I`d be willing. Thanks for your kind comments regarding my system.

Ivan I know that Raulirugas means well but if you like the sound of your system that`s 'all' that matters. This talk about relying on measurements and liking 'plesant colorations' is the path to frustration, just trust your ears and you`ll be better off. I `ve heard too many components that are said to be 'accurate'(usally solid state) and measure great and sound nothing like music(my 2 cents worth)I hear at live unamplified events.

My advice is go with your gut reaction and emotional response to what you hear.It it moves you then you`ll know it`s right.
Best Regards,
Regarding the question about the impedance match between amplifier and speaker, see Figure 1 in Stereophile's measurements of the speaker, and JA's comments in the paragraph just above the figure.

IMO the wide variation of the speaker's impedance as a function of frequency does NOT necessarily mean that driving the speaker with a tube amp having high output impedance is a problem. It just means that the resulting sonics will vary more widely depending on what amplifier is being used than if the speaker had a flatter impedance curve.

Regards,
-- Al
10 years of use with 6 hard driving on a 300B sounds like a very good reason to change. The Tung Sol 6SL7 is fine but you can do a lot better than Westinghouse on the 6SN7. Some Sylvanias perhaps there are quite a few good ones still floating around. The CV=1988 by Brimar is superb. The luxury of a new finely made 300B is wonderful news to my ears even though I don't have an amp to use them in. The Psvanes are getting mixed reviews I would proceed with caution. Otherwise I would add some heavy custom brass footers from Edensound and good platforms and call it a day. Like the others said enjoy what you have got.