Oracle Alexandria + Premier MMT = ?????

I have a dead Oracle Alexandria with a Premier MMT tonearm. I have figured out that the problem isn't the external power supply which, while shattered, still puts out the appropriate voltage. So, it's likely either the switch or the motor. I recall having problems with that switch in the past, so hopefully, that's the issue.

At any rate, it needs a new power supply, which is $85 + shipping. Having a tech assess whether the switch or the motor is broken will cost (at least) $75. Then, I'll need to replace what's broken, which could presumably cost $100-$300. In other words, I'm looking at probably $300-$500 to get this turntable working again, at which won't be even close to "mint". (Scratched dustcover, mostly.)

So, I'm wondering if I should just sell it for parts and grab something in the sub-$1,000 range? Are any of the usual suspects (Rega RP3, Music Hall MMF-5.1SE, Pro-ject Xpression, SOTA Moonbeam, Thorens, etc.) up to the quality of the Alexandria with the MMT tonearm? Should I just get this thing fixed?

Any thoughts on the overall quality of this system would be greatly appreciated.
Ag insider logo xs@2xja2austintx
I used to sell this combo which can sound very good. The good news if you fix it up it can sound very good. Don't know if it would be competitive with today's lower end tables but I suspect so. Dust covers can be had here on Audiogon. I forget the guys name though look under tweaks.
While this was a good combo I never though even new it could compete with SOTA Saphire which did cost much more.

One option, scrap the table and install the arm on a newer SOTA. That is a great combo.
I would fix it up. You will have a better turntable than the ones you mentioned in your post.
Thanks. I can probably rescue the dust cover to my liking with some acrylic polish. I never expected this setup to meet SOTA Sapphire standards, but I have no idea how it might stack up to the other TTs I mentioned.

By the way, that's not my Alexandria for sale. I don't want to buy it, since I don't yet know the repair costs on mine. I suspect I could do better for $700, regardless.

Thanks again . . .
I would put up an Alexandria against a Sota Sapphire of the same vintage anyday, and I have owned both. The older, metal control cover units had some issues with speed control and sagging suspension. Against the newer wood top units it would still be close, but I could see the Sapphire edging the Alex out.