Traveler or Scout?

Given these two tables are pretty closely priced and the Traveler has been out for a few people to demo, which one would you go with?
sbrownnw
Sbrownnw, Compared to your Project TT, I'm guessing this would mostly be a sideways move.

I've had a Scout and a Classic 1. The Classic 1 was much better than the Scout. I have not heard the Traveler yet but would bet on it being better than a base model Scout.

Unless you can strech your budget for something like a Classic 1 I would wait.

I looked at your system page and did not see a phono stage listed. If your using the built in phono pre in your preamp it may be worth while to buy a quality stand alone unit. A quality phono stage will make a big difference.

Sean
Just got a Vincent Pho-8 for trial. Hope it will beat our the Pro-ject tube phono box II because I leave my gear on all the time.

Surprised to hear that a table 1/2 or 1/3 of the cost will keep up with the VPI gear. If it does, that really helps out my pocket book and shelf config, as I fit a DIY wall shelf through the back of my audio cabinet that I also reinforced myself. The VPI tables are bigger. The Xpression rocks and I've read the VPI gear rocks also.

Thanks everyone. Love this site.