Micro Seiki, or TW AC-1

I'm trying to decide between Micro Seiki RX 5000 and TW AC-1.
They are approx. the same price used (about $10K)
Both are belt drive.
Unfortunately, I don't have a first hand experience with either of the tables.
You can see my current set-up in my system page.
The reason, I want to make a change from DD TT to belt drive is just to try a different approach.
Also, I have a feeling, that the bass would be one of the areas, where MS and TW might have an edge over my current DD Technics SP-10 MkII
My endeavor into analog is fairly new, so I'm not sure what my final choice in analog would be, unless I try it in my own system.
What I'm really interested in is the following:
Sonic differences b/w MS, TW and Technics SP-10 MkII
Reliability
Service availability.
maril555
Rsf507, I agree with you, speed instability is most easily detected while listening to piano music, for anyone who has ever played the instrument or who has a decent sense of pitch. (I studied piano for several years, and I am an amateur jazz singer, but I would say that I have only a "decent" sense of pitch, certainly not perfect.) Because I love piano jazz, I have become a total convert to DD turntables and to my highly tweaked Lenco, so I am in the same place you are. But I would submit that, at least to my ears, piano can sound absolutely "right" on some turntables that do not pass the Timeline test with flying colors. In other words, the Timeline is more demanding than is actual music. Which is why I conclude that, at least for me, I cannot be certain that a given turntable is "Timeline-worthy" just by listening to it. But since listening to music is the actual goal, I really don't give a hoot about Timeline perfection. (I don't think the Lenco is perfect by Timeline standards, but it does piano as well as my DD turntables, all of which ARE perfect by that standard.)
Marill555 ---You should recognize that compromise is an inherent aspect of design and no turntable (or anything else for that matter) is perfect.
There will always be compromise between competing design objectives and these compromises will affect the ultimate sound.It is for you to determine which design best fulfills your personal objectives.
As you can already ascertain.Each poster,although they have opposite thoughts,may also be correct.
They can speak to their experiences only.
You are an experienced listener
$10,000 is quite a bit of change.Listen to each table and
then decide.
Best of luck
Goldenearguy speaks wisely -

all designs are compromises

nothing is perfect

people can only draw and share info from own personal experiences

$10K is a nice chunk of change

No matter what - make all attempts to listen to each table you are considering, even if in different systems in different rooms.
The nice thing about the Micro Seiki is that it can only be purchased used, therefore, if you puchase wisely, you risk very little $$ if you choose to go another direction.
Another good option is a Basis Turntable. Very good technical solutions, the
Designer really has knowledge about turntable Design. Some can be upgraded
and even when you compare his belts to others, you realize, he is miles ahead
from all others. Precise Motor, uncolored Sound, excellent dynamics. In a way a
'tool' when you want to know what's really done with the records in the
Recording process. Design done right.