VPI Platter Spinning SLOWLY

I've tried two different lubricants (Super Lube and Shimano Dura Ace Grease) for my VPI Classic 2 platter and it still does not spin properly. I removed and re-applied grease and it spins fine for about 5 minutes, then it slows down immensely. If I remove/re-install the platter, it spins smoothly again but only for a short period of time. Anyone experience this before and know a fix? Thanks
jyoungpark
Use a qtip to clean out the shaft on the platter. You can use a little 91% isopropyl alcohol. Get out all the goop all the way up into the bearing cup. Use a few more and clean the thrust next. Wipe it all down so there's no grease anywhere. Clean off the platter on the sides where the belt goes--use a little non ammonia windex to degrease.

Put a tiny dab of super lube at the top of the thrust bearing just as big around as the tip of the bearing. None on the shaft at all. Place the platter straight down and give it a turn. That's all you need to do.

Then wash the belt using a little dawn dish soap and rinse well. Dry it. Put into a ziplock and add some talcum or baby powder. Seal the bag and lightly coat the belt. Shake off the extra. Now with clean hands put the belt back on the pulley and around the platter. You are good to go for another 9-12 months. The belt won't squeak on startup either.
If your Classic is relatively new, the platter comes with a dry lubricant on it already. It may need to be lubed after a year or two. I got the Classic platter for my Superscoutmaster/rim drive, and made the mistake of putting lube on the bearing. When I got the platter into the well, it was so tight, it didn't turn at all. I contacted VPI who told me to remove the lube that I put on, clean out the well, and try again. Its running perfectly now.
Stringreen, how did the Classic platter compare to your former Super Platter?

Sorry for the slight thread derail.
I removed all the grease from all the components, including the platter, using a combination of alcohol wipes and isopropyl alcohol. Applied a small dab only to the bearing, and re-installed the platter. Once it set, I think it was harder to turn than before.

Would VPI be open to me bringing the TT to their shop in NJ to take a look? I'm in NYC so it's doable. I contacted them this morning around 9AM and still no response.
Does your motor work with no load on it? Does the platter spin with the belt on, with no belt, etc? Trying to isolate a frozen motor as the problem. I am sure you could get someone at VPI to look at it.