New Schroeder linear tonearm, any thoughts?

I noticed Frank Schroeder has a new linear arm without servo motors, pumps, etc. seems like a promising direction. Did anyone hear it at RMAF?
crubio
So, since you may be listening, Frank, I have often heard knowledgeable people argue about the value or lack of value of having high mass in the horizontal plane. For those who do not like the classical linear tracking tonearms, their very high mass in the horizontal plane is given as one of the problems with such a design. For those who do like them, the same rationale is posited. Further, for the Dynavector tonearms, which also have a higher effective mass in the horizontal plane vs the vertical one, this property is given by Dynavector as an intentional design goal, said to contribute to superior bass performance. What do you think?
Hi,

" Apparently this helps nudge."...

Nope... it's just there to "equalize" all forces acting on the stylus. If it was some form of skating-compensation or -generation arrangement(to "nudge" it inwards), an increase of VTF would change the tendency to move either inwards or outwards. But it doesn't...
Kind of the same as if you were to raise VTF on an air bearing arm that isn't level. It wouldn't move/accelerate any faster if you were to increase VTF. Solely a question of gravity acting on the entire assembly.

Cheers,

Frank
Hi,
Nope... - "nudging" the arm towards the center of the record isn't required(that implies poor quality bearings are used...). The triangular base can be adjusted so that there is no tendency to move either inwards nor outwards. One can even compensate for the (very minute) influence of the wiring.
Two of the three screws that make contact with the turntable base(apart from the M6 locking screw) can be adjusted, so that the arm base allows for a little more than +/-1° change in horizontal orientation to i.e. compensate for an armboard that's not parallel with the platter.

Best,

Frank
Sorry for the (kind of) double posting. The first one didn't appear for a long time and I thought I had accidentally erased it...

Best,

Frank