Turntable setup under $2000?

I'm interested in knowing peoples opinions on the best complete turntable setups (could be used) in the $1500-$2000 range (including deck,arm and cartridge).

I'm a total tt newbie, but would like to start off with a somewhat decent tt setup that would last a long time without feeling the need to upgrade.

I listen to mostly rock/pop type music, largely from the 60'/70's/80's, but also enjoi disco and female vocals as Adele.I would like a setup to suit such tastes.Want to have deeper bass, especially for early Beatles albums.
My current system: amp: YBA Integre DT, Loudspeakers Polk Audio LSI15, CD player Exposure 3010

Any advice would be much appreciated.
rockstream
The pressure on turntables in the used market is very high. So any used TT is going to generally be overpriced at this point.
Plenty of great turntables around.
Remember you must have a phono preamp. So is part of you listed budget also include the phono box?
Generally for a person new to turntables it would be best to buy from a dealer who can give you a good combination of arm to cartridge and phono box good for that cart.
The synergy is important.
If you do not have a dealer locally. Then buy from an internet dealer who can furnish a complete setup.
I think you may be able to get a new VPI Traveler TT all set up. The only problem might be the phono stage preamp if your amp doesn't provide one. The cost of a phono stage varies widley so yo can start cheaply and work your way up.Alternatively you can easily find a used Music Hall MMF-5 and have plenty left for the phono pre. They usually come with MM carts so the soun d is different than a VPI which are paired with MC carts.
I'd look hard at the Well Tempered Simplex, which is pushing your budget, but it is a superb design (I had an Amadeus).
You have quite a few great choices in that price range.

VPI Travler
Rega RP6
Clearaudio Concept
WTL Simplex

..and I am sure that there are several more from Project and Music Hall.

If you happen to have a local dealer that carries any of these options, I would take time to stop by and take a listen and see how you feel about setup and use.

VPI and Rega dealer disclaimer.