Brinkmann vs TW Acustic

Was wondering how these two German manufacturers compare.
Bardo vs Raven One
Oasis vs Raven GT
LaGrange vs Raven AC
Is there a unique sound signature that goes up with the range? Which is a better value? (i.e. maybe the Oasis is better than the Raven AC)
Have heard both in show conditions, but could not pin-point their contribution to the end result as the rest of the system was unfamiliar as well.
iaxelrod
Why do you line up their respective products as you have done? The Bardo and the Oasis are direct-drive. All of the Raven products are belt-drive. The LaGrange is a high end belt drive type. If you like direct-drive, don't consider any Raven. If you like belt-drive, my advice would be to stick with single-motor or double-motor set-ups, but that's just my opinion, and it's based only on hypothesis and "thought experiments". My bias among the belt-drive turntables would be toward the LaGrange, again with no data, only hearsay.
Dear Iaxelrod: IMHO as important is the TT and the ones you name it are good performers what you have to check is if both run always at the choosed speed ( 33.33rpm/45rpm) and its speed stability. This IMHO is a factor that could make a difference when we are choosing for a TT.

After that the critical subject is how good is the match between the cartridge and tonearm along the quality performance of the phonolinepreamp that will process the cartridge signal to avoid cartridge signal degradation. Two other subjects that could help you to achieve the best quality performance level the cartridge is abble to shows you are the tonearm mount/arm board and the platter TT mat with out forget the tonearm internal wire headshel wires if any and tonearm/phono IC.

Perhaps the TT decision is the easy one.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Hi Lewm,

From what I've read, although the Bardo & Oasis are DD they still have the Brinkmann sound and do not really resemble the famous DD such as the Lenco L75.
So I still believe it's a fair comparison.
Here is some useful information, specially about Raven

Turntable info

Brinkmann is very new in USA I think, there won't be direct comparisons, when you have the chance to listen to one or the other, use a Timeline Strobe, that one is always good for some surprises ...
Hi Syntax,
Sorry, but I didn't quite understand.
I've noticed you're a Micro-Seiki fan, and I have heard some Micro-Seiki decks - apart from the looks they really did not impress me. But, as you've said - this could be a setup issue, and I'm not planning "petting" my TT all day and all night - so Micro-Seikis are not for me.
Didn't quite understand what you've wrote about the TW. Could you please elaborate?