Have you found reliable online used vinyl vendors?

I have been disappointed with the discrepancy between the listings of used vinyl and the actual quality of the lps I receive when I purchase online. The most recent disappointment is with Thursday's Golden Goodies. They shipped me a visibly and audibly scratched Dave Clark Five record listed as EX8 on their site. Has anyone found any reliable on line vendors for used vinyl? Based on my interaction with Thursday's Golden Goodies I will not purchase anything from them again and warn others.
robkapl
I've bought over 3,000 mint classical LP's on ebay. By "mint" I mean good-as-new, apparently never played, some still sealed.

If you can't find them I'd be willing to assist... for a small fee. ;-)
I agree with Dougdeacon. I would estimate that 95% of my vinyl was used when I acquired it. I have only had one bad experience from ebay, and it turned out to be my mistake, as I had misread the ad.

I also buy mostly classical, however. It really does seem like classical music fans take much better care of their LPs. I will concede that it is much more difficult to find used jazz, rock, etc. in good shape. I do buy a fair amount of spoken word recordings, however, and have had very good luck with those.
Learsfool,

Maybe Ebm's just like a fisherman with a favorite spot. "There's nothin' here! Go away! Don't waste your time! (Bwah-ha-hah!)"

Classical listeners may be less prone to spinning records when, um... influenced by certain substances. Being able to use one's fingers without having to give them verbal directions can be helpful.
List of Record Dealers.

I was hoping to introduce myself to the Audiogon community(perhaps a few know of my enterprise already) but I did not want to seem too eager to toot my own horn. I hope that a list of vinyl sources(of which I am a small participant) will be of some value. There will be many obvious and famous sources of course. There are also a few I have stumbled across recently while researching prices for the sealed vinyl I am adding to my website.
My name is Lloyd Sitkoff and since 1985 I have been(rather unsuccessfully) selling (mostly classical recordings). Back in the 90's I would publish a mail order set sale list about once a year (modeled on the lists issued by Dave Canfield(Ars Antiqua). Somewhere, mixed in with my 80000 Lps,20000 cds,1000 reel to reels and a few hundred cassettes are a box or 2 of old dealer catalogs.
Now that I am retired and have more time to devote to music sales perhaps it is time to let fellow Agoners know of my Quixotic enterprise. My 2 week old website (trytoneclassical.com) only has a few hundred items but I am trying to add more(mostly sealed) items every day. In the last 18 months I purchased an 8000 item collection from the Austin Audiophile-Arnold Menn(and later bought his VPI Classic with Lyra Kleos cartridge) and a collection of 8000 LPs and 2000 Laser discs from a San Antonio collector(and then bought his VPI HW 19 Mark 3/SME 309/Lyra Helikon front end). Almost all of the Laser discs are sealed and about 10% of the LPs as well(However his interest were solidly in the Opera/Vocal realm). Please feel free to contact me thru Agon if you have some items you are searching for. You can probably google “Try Tone Records” if you wish to email,write or call.

Many of the names I was familiar with then I believe are still in business.

Ars Nova
322 Swain Ave., Bloomington, IN, 47401, United States
812-333-5463 | arsnova@bluemarble.net |

Mikrokosmos.com
Larry Brights LPs
5903 Pine View Dr  Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
(734) 482-2344
Irvington Music
irvmusic.com
Polyphony
polyphonyrecordings.com
Immortal Performances
Immortal Performances Classical Records Tapes & Compact Disc
1404 West 30th St
Austin, TX 78703 - View Map
Phone: (512) 478-9954

Parnassus
Parnassusrecords.com

Now for the famous online sources

Ebay.com
Discogs.com
half.ebay.com
Gemm.com
musicstack.com
acousticsounds.com
amoeba-music.com

Next a handful of sources I have stumbled on in the last few days.

Shugarecords.com
vinyl-records.biz
audiophileusa.com

dustygroove.com
classicvinyl.com
recordsbymail.com
cdandlp.com
vinylrevival.com
solidviper.com
therecordworld.com
http://www.spiralclassics.co.uk

vinylhunt.com
academy-records.com
elusivedisc.com

Need more try these terms in your favorite search engine “Record shops” “Record dealers” Record stores” or substitute vinyl for record. Or “where to buy vinyl”.