Zyx Universe. O.24 mv vs .48 mv with low eff spkrs

I have a dilema

My Zyx Universe .24mv cartridge appears to be loosing its suspension characteristics. I believe an arm bearing not moving freely put too much wear on it.

I have 84 db speakers and have to crank at pretty high levels to get my volume up far enough to resolve things.

I know a .24 mv is going to have slightly more resolution and speed but woud I be better going with the .48 and having less stress on the amplification and higher output volumes?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xaudiotomb
I will second that on Doug, Almarg and everyone in this thread

This is what I love about the online audio community

I heard what I needed to hear, the .46 mv isn't going to cut it and my course is moving in the high efficiency speaker / tube amp domain

choosing highly desireable pieces of gear can be an issue if they are not in a symbiotic synergy. Lesson learned.

thanks everyone

I plan to touch base with Mehran, we have been down this road before

All the best

Tom
Send my best to Mehran!

I totally agree about what wonderfully helpful folks we have here on Audiogon, and you are getting great feedback from some of the best: Almarg, Doug, Lewm, Syntax, Charles1dad
My guess is that once you hear the Atma amps w a suitable speaker, your only argument will be w yourself, for not doing it sooner. IMO, the Salk speakers are beautiful, real craftmanship, but clearly designed for high power SS amps. A high(er)/flat impedance, high(er) efficiency speaker designed for tube amps is the way to go w the Atma amps. My own experience is that you do have to be somewhat concerned about hum and noise when you go to very high eff speakers; the higher eff the more careful you have to be; there's a reason why many low power amps (likely to be mated w high eff speakers) have hum pots!
Swampwalker- i bought my Atmas 8 months ago and held onto them
because i heard what a pair of M60s did in my friend's system

Even tried to biamp the top with the Atmas

Doug - talked to Mehran, always a pleasure
generous exchange policy - I am upgrading to the ii. !!!