Cable "burning": Real or VooDoo ???

While i have my opinions on this subject, i'd love to hear from others that have tried various methods of "burning in" cables, what was used to do it, what differences were noticed ( if any ), etc... Please be as specific as possible. If your a "naysayer" in this area, please feel free to join in BUT have an open mind and keep this thread on topic. Sean
>
sean
702; I get the impression that we may actually agree on a lot except maybe for minor differences in "procedure", or maybe "what is the next step". Cheers. Craig
702, granted and I also agree with Garfish, that we are often closer than it may seem, but I often sense absolutism on both sides, which is detrimental to progress of knowledge for both sides.
702, thanks for the reply, maybe we are all progressing in the right direction of meaningful discussions and who knows, ultimately we may stumble across an explanation that will transpose into a forumla that we can all understand and use to explain some of these effects we perceive? Regarding wave properties, I would have thought we need to look along these lines as any effects that may (or not depending upon your viewpoint) well be caused by the transfer of wave charge along, say, a conductor. The sources quoted are only a small part of the many complex contributions on the subject of particle matter. Speaking of altering structure, is it not possible that somewhere along the line sub-atomic particles are indeed being re-aligned (I'm not saying or suggesting they are "altered")into a more ordered and natural structure after being disturbed during the manufacturing process? Could there be anything here that we should look at to help understand these "changes"? Regards, Richard.
Why would cable companies insist that their cable needs to be burned in if it doesn't change the sound? They aren't making money by the # of hours you play the cable. Seems like it would be easy enough for a company to say "our cable is good from the start" all others are inferior and have to be burned in. But that isn't the case, at least as far as I tell.