Discovery cables....

ANyone own or previously own Discovery spk or interconnects? Initial comments? Looking a slightly smooth sound with decent detail and nice bottom end?
128x128phasecorrect
I did not like the sound of Discovery plus 4, Essence or the Essential speaker cable. Puts a soft rounded bluntness to transients. Has a warm tonal coloration in the mids. Deep bass is soft. And worst of all was a slight but irritating brightness/unrefined quality in the lower treble-upper midrange. YMMV.
I could not disagree more with Reb1208's comments. I heard none of what he describes in either my system, or in a friend's system (that is much more revealing than mine).

I do have other cables on hand that were shown to have a "unrefined quality in the lower treble-upper" only when compared to the Essence. The Essence does not suffer that particular flaw at all.

The transient response of the Essence is also superb as well. In fact, one of the things that first struck me when switching to the Essence its superb handling of the leading edge of transients.

Ken
I totally agree with Kennyb's comments. The Essence is just superb in everyway. I think what Reb1208 discovered for the first time is actually how his system really sounds.
Both my Triplanar VII and my Durand Talea tonearms are wired with Discovery. World-class tonearms with world-class wiring.