Freezer Cryoed Cables...

Hi all, you can get about the effect as Cryoed treatments by putting your cables or components in the Freezer for 24 hours and then put them in the refrigerator for one or two hours.........this REALLY works!!! Try this with the cables you have now.......Try this for yourself and see if you "hear a difference"............Richard
rpatrick
Twl- I agree completely. The only point I'd like to clarify is, I don't think anyone is saying it changes the metal molecularly(or at least I hope not)- your austenite and martensite will remain the same. The difference some are experiencing- IMO- has to do with a subtle shrinkage of the wire itself.
Mhu, if you freeze that CD one more time you will hear an even better improvement then you you are hearing now......Richard
Mhu: I have been cryoing CD's for about a year now. One person's "dramatic" is another person's "subtle", but I would say that cryoing will give you a bigger performance boost than freezing. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being subtle and 10 being dramatic, I'd put the freezer tweak around 3 and cryoing around 6.5 to 7. I would say that bass performance is quite a bit more improved with cryo than freezing, but the biggest enhancement with cryo is a significant reduction in glare and edge. Freezing does it to a minor extent, but cryo gets you quite a bit further down the line in that regard as well as improved transparency.
Hdm, I think that freezing is just as good as cryo treatments as far as the effect goes, the only time you really need cryo treatments is for car parts and tools and things like that. Maybe cryo treatments last a little longer than freezing, but it don't cost you anything to freeze it again...........Richard
Now your talking just plain foolish. I am by no means an expert in metallurgy however I understand the basic of metal properties. The purpose of cryo treating is to reverse the damage done to the metal when it was heated- when metal is heated its micro structure changes to what is known as austenite. When its cooled most of austentite converts to the much stronger(molecularly "aligned") martensite. However a portion remains in the softer austentite form and by introducing extremely low temperatures(around -300ยบ F)- via slow cool down and then slow recovery- it changes all of the austentite to the superior martensite. You can't claim your freezer is acheiving this, maybe its chaning some of the austentite but the amount would be so insignificant the improvements based on this alone would be undedectable(perhaps this is what Twl was eluding to).

I hate to bring science of any sort into this hobby, but you've got to use at least a little common sense when you make statements like you just did.