Harmonic Technology Cyberlight cables

Has anyone tried these? Do you know of another manufacturer making a cable with the same technology?
beowulf
Ez2hear:

Here is what I have read.

The transmitter and receiver ends use Light Analog Module (LAM), a Uniformity Density Modulation technology to transfer the signal from electron into photon.

The transfer is conducted via audio-grade fiber glass at the speed of light, it does not use any LED similar to toslink, but true telecom/broadcastiong quality analog laser with invisible light.

The Photon is then converted back to the electron on the reversed end of the Lam Module.

For every electron that comes into the system, it outputs 1 photon into the fiber and then back.

It does not matter if the wave form is sinusoidal (analog) or square (digital), since the electron to photon transfer is done in an equivalent ratio.

The Lam has a 1:1 voltage-current conversion that does not require the use of a DA or AD conversion. The result is a true analog wave form, without any sampling, that preserves all musical information . This preservation maintains a neutral decay in the musical harmony to provide greater depth, airiness and soundstage.

The Cyberlight wire's input and output are pure R. With the body of the wire being pure optical all sounds and frequency will travel at the speed of light and reach the other end uniformly.

Brad
These may be the first cables in history to break or wear out through normal usage.
Miklorsmith, Can you explain why you think they might wearout during normal use?
I didn't bash the cable at all. I suggested, and rightly so, that the price was fabricated to put these cables in the same leaque with other high priced cables. I also said that I probably wouldn't be discouraging anyone inclined to buy them. I would be willing to bet that construction cost on this cable would allow it to be sold for $150 rather than $1500. You probably don't know very much about cable technology, otherwise you would realize that, outside the box or not, technologicly speaking, there is nothing bleeding edge about this cable. Optical cables have been around for ages but no one has bothered to apply it to analog. I would love to have these some of these cables just because of the elimination of the electrical ground. You'll probably never see them in my system though because of the markup.