sonic signature of Pure Note Paragon Question

I just got a set of cables tonite , brand new. This is a first impression but i am alarmed . The entire system is Paragon . They are dry , lacking in air , have little bass and have little timbral richness. They seem to be hyper accurate however with good depth and focus. For owners who have had them a for some time , what characteristics will change and how will they end up changing / sounding ? Thanks !!
brainwater
I have approx. 100 hrs on the paragons. I agree they are a little dry & bass shy. But i do not find them to be lacking in air. They were a tad bright at first, but they're getting better & better. Bass is tight & fast.

& I agree, they're the opposite of Cardas' cables.

I will report again after 200hrs.
Hi Rick . You are the second that has disputed my observation that they lack air. To clarify somewhat and this is how i view it ; "air" around an instrument in a given space is what gives sound its musical body within that space and is important in its support of ambient retrieval . This combination is what causes the sound to " breathe " and have dimensionality . It creates a field that a listener can be involved in so a suspension of disbelief can occur. This air around the individual instruments creates a lifelike soundscape envelope that belies a mechanical impersonation of an actual event is in fact what we are hearing . Nordost Valhalla in my system is capable of this impersonation and so far I feel the Paragon is seriously lacking this fundamental yet critical ability; at least in my system . Point of example is track 7 on Modern Cool . The snare drum at the beginning and all throughout the song has , with the right innerconnect, tremendous air as the note seems to hang endlessly in mid air with a lingering sensual decay that luxuriously fades into the backgroung long after the other notes take center stage. Listen closely for the length of decay and air ....the paragon truncates it to the point of a shocking thud. In my system , playing real music in real time , I will break my neck to get 300 hours on them in 30 days before I make a non impetuous decision . This post was initiated to get owners of the cable to express their experience from fire up to full potential to help me understand that this cable will dramatically alter its signaure with time and proper break in . Otherwise I will return them and take another step up . As always , i sincerely appreciate any input.
Hi Brainwater,

Thanks for the clarification, I'll do some serious listening over the weekend on my system to see whether what you have stated is evident.

Your description of "air" is certainly different than what I had in mind. Now that I know what to look for, & I will for sure listen carefully, for instrument seperation, and air around instruments.

Will report back in a bit.......

Rick
Comparing a $375 cable to a $3500 cable? No contest. Why do you think Pure Note will best Nordost? In my all tube system the Paragons eliminate the ringing of cymbals, a typical problem with many cables I have owned. Since the Paragons have great transparency, tight bass, ect. they appear to have good control of the signal. The decay you speak of is surreal, IMO, and may not be in the recording.

Also you are trying to make a judgement so soon whereas Pure Note specifically states you need at least 200 hours before critcal listening. Perhaps you should follow this up in a few weeks. It seems like these cables are not a good match for you but if you do a search here you will find many satisfied Pure Note customers.

What other cables have you tried? There are many such as Ridgestreet, Pear, Verastarr, etc.