Cerious cables - Proper setup and run in time

Results on testing Cables especially Cerious cables
These cables need at least 4 days to settle in, if you take them out of the system, (The process starts over again.)That is the only proper way to do this , because of the liquid ceramic , that is the only way to fairly judge them point 2. if your loudspeakers are over 90 db effficient Bob needs to know at Cerious , also if you are in a high Magnetic area such as airports. Bob would rather not have to sheild them if possible. High efficiency
loudspeakers will bring out hum for sure in a non sheilded cable ,that is why results showed this on a 101db loudspeakers at Srajans .Try the test under these guide lines I have laid down, after 4 days you will see a totally more positive result, a very natural not pushed presentation. Please remember , and try this,
many times people get used to artificial enhancments
Like a Valhala cable for example excellent in some areas and applications,way to clinical in other systems dependand as in most all cables,
and preference .Go to a symphony and listen,
things in life are ususally smoother than you experience on a playback system ,especially cd , ananlog is allways smoother .I have been a audio engineer for over 30 years and have voiced several electrostatic loudspeakers .
Where in the midrange they are natural, and magical.
The big debate on reference cables, compared to in life , or not, also Bob at Cerious needs to ask how efficient
the speakers are,impedances, and the environment and surroundings to
give sheilded cables if needed .This will become standard procedure soon. Happy listening, PJ.
aaudiophile
Ozzy:

Waiting has definitely made a difference in my experience with the cables. The first night they seemed a little less full than what I was use to....though several notches up in clarity. I also thought that the top end was lacking. In retrospect, as I have listened more, there is much less grunge in the top end than I am use to hearing. This, I believe is what gave me the impression that they had a tilted down top end. I am hearing such detail from the snare drum skin, to the residual shimmer of cymbals. Each instrument has the appropriate energy relative to the other instruments.

Evening 3, and now the performance is so clearly in my room.....no....I am in the original space that the recording was made. Listening to more choral music with pipe organ I find the bass is every bit as extended as my system will allow and that is down to around 19Hz....and did I mention the clarity. I have never heard the "shuddering" of the very lowest pipes with such clarity and ambience....just like what I have heard in a large cathedral.

I too have efficient speakers, around 94 db/m/W and I have no hum problem.

Ozzy....just wait till day 3!!!!
One question I would have for Srajan regarding his review is why he thinks that the cables are at fault rather than the RCA terminations. I fully agree with him that the connectors are not so great, they always seem to be too loose on my BAM. In his and Jules Coleman's reviews of the production Indras versus the betas, changing the connectors from stock WBT's (at least I think they were WBT's) to special proprietary connectors improved the performance of the cable by 20? 30? percent. Would a similar 'upgrade' for the Cerious result in a similar improvement? I gather that the balanced Cerious use Stereovox's Xhadow termination--has anybody A-B'd RCA and XLR Cerious IC's?
Also worth mentioning that Srajan discusses repeated connection and disconnection of the IC's--in my instructions for the cable it says in big letters DON"T MOVE THEM!
When I had the Cerious cables in my system, I had no hum. They were very quiet. And my speakers are 97db.

I did not move the cables when they were in my system and they did improve after about three days. They sounded much better.

But my findings, which I posted before Srajan's follow-up review was released, mirrored Srajan's experience. I thought the clarity was very good, the cables were quiet with a nice black background and the mid-range was lush and full.

My problem with the CT cables is that the leading edge seemed soft and therefore the dynamics of the music was affected. There was a smoothing effect to the cables. Very nice, but not as dynamic as what I was used to. I thought the frequency extremes were a little less extended and the soundstage was a good foot lower than my current cables.

None-the-less, not a bad cable at all. To the contrary, a very good cable, but just not quiet as good as what I already had.
This is a response that I posted at Audio Asylum

Reply to: You will not hear their benefit the first day you get them. nt posted by Norm on October 14, 2005 at 20:28:47:

I recieved a 2 meter Balanced Cerious Interconnect pair yesterday.
When I first put them into my system they sounded dull, very dull.
Today, 24 hours later they sound kinda bright.
This change occurred without the system running, just being left in place!

This is contrary to every other cable I have tried. I own a AudioDharma Cable Cooker and I believe in cables break in.

The Cerious cables claim they dont need break in. Well that maybe true sort of, but, they need settling time!. Constant unplugging them will nevr give them a chance to grow to their potential.
This should have been clearly spelled out in Cerious Tech Internet site and with a letter enclosed with the cables.

Both the 6 Moons reviewer guy and Cerious Cables owner should be flogged with the cables of their choice for not understanding this and making it clear!!!

People that own them recommend 3 to 4 days left alone for settling time and that is what I intend to do.
Then I will compare it to my Cable Company trial Harmonic Tech Cyber ligts.
Seems we're going over some of the same ground on the CT cables, so I'll simply add something different. My feeling about the CT ICs are on record on other threads. One of my main principles in auditioning audio gear is never to make a decision on a new product without (sometimes extensive) tweaking to allow the system to sound it's best with the new component. This virtually always helps if the new product is reasonably good, and it certainly did with the CTs. I'm talking about relatively easy tweaks, like changing speaker positioning or toe-in, changing head (listening) position in small increments, experimenting with any room treatments (including audio room products, stuffed chairs, rugs, curtains), trying a different power cord, etc. Since I have a reference and keep extensive notes about what the details of that reference (including all the aforementioned things) that I have worked very hard to optimize, I can easily make changes after insertion of a new product and see if the OVERALL sound is now better or worse. If it's better it's clear to me that the new product is a "keeper". I can't help but think this may be happening with some people who find the CTs lacking. Just my thoughts from my own experience, of course.