New Helix PowerSnakes Cable From Shunyata ?

Hi, just like to know is Shunyata launching their new line of Helix PowerSnakes Cable ?

I notice from their website that the color of Taipan, Python & Anaconda are difference. They also indicated "New Helix PowerSnakes "

Thanks.
jeremy
Jeremy, at this point there are only two things we can be reasonably comfortable forecasting:
1. The new Helix series will sound somewhat different from the old powersnakes.
2. The introduction of the new series may cause a number of current owners to sell their old wires and purchase the new corresponding Helix wires, causing an eventual slight drop in asking price for the old series on the used market.
NOTE: In point 1 I deliberately state 'different' instead of 'better'. It's not that the Helix can't be 'better' than the old series, but rather that no one has reported their preferences and observations on the Helix line one way or another.
I don't think the Helix will sound different at all. I believe it's just a marketing thing. If you read the literature about the previous Alpha/Vx series, they stated that Shunyata used a Helix winding pattern in their cables/cords. So I think it's just a matter of Shunyata placing the word 'Helix' on the heat shrink. I don't think the design changed at all.
Of course many will dump their 'old' cords to get the 'new' ones with the word Helix on the heat shrink. That's what I'm waiting for. :-)

If it had been an actual design change, they would have added a V2 or changed the name, like they did with the King Cobra to the Anaconda. I have no iside info, this is just my opinion of the situation as a long time Shunyata follower.

Regards,
John
Guido, your NOTE was going to be my next post.
John, yours would be included too, thanks.
I'm in no hurry to dump my *old* snakes.
However, I'll be glad to take a 2K cord for 6 or 7 hundred bucks.
We'll see how this one pans out, like everything else in the audio marketland.
My initial reaction is to agree with John that the new Helix cords will not sound any different than the models they are replacing, because the new Helix cords are basically the old cords with new printing on the heatshrinks.

That's why the "old" cords are such a great value; since discounts on the Helix cords will be hard to find, one can conceivably get the same sound as the Helix cords at a better price.

IMO...
Any idea does Shunyata produce their own cable or they buy from some other cable manufacturer e.g. cardas, wireworld, vdh or transparent ?

Anyway, we will have to wait & see is there really a great difference in sound.

I read from their website claim that "The Helix Series cables utilizes a complex helix design that has been granted a patent for its ability to minimize the effects of electromagnetic interference and self-induced inductance".