Power Cord Flavors

Someone recently sent me an e-mail asking about warm and fullbodied power cords versus neutral, clear and extended power cords. I thought I'd post my opinion, and ask others to share theirs, too.

My system is tubes: VAC Phi 110/110, First Sound Presence Depuxe II, APL Denon 3910

Warm and full bodied in my system=
Purist Audio Dominus w/Fluid
Elrod EPS-3 Signature
Revelation Audio Precept
VH Audio Airsine

Neutral, clear and extended=
Shunyata Python and Anaconda
Electraglide Epiphany
Ridge Street Poiema!!!
Audio Indulgence Alpine Lace
TG Audio SLVR and 688
Z Squared
Absolute power cord

That's a scary list of power cords. I'm kind of shocked at how many I've owned and tried.
tvad
Hello John,

I also just bought 3 Nordost Valhalla power cords for my BAT 150se mono-amps and my 51se pre-amp and I am as stunned as you are. I can tell you this is not just a different flavor. It was like a major component upgrade!

Enjoy,
Tom
I'll add the DCCA Extreme Reference power cord to the "Neutral, clear and extended" column, although it contributes some weight to the music similar to the Elrod cords, but with less coloration. Therefore, it shifts toward "warm and full bodied" without falling into that category, in my opinion.
Hi Grant,

Thanks for the heads up. I expect my DCCA Extreme Reference in on Wed/Thurs of this week.
How long have you had yours? Did it take long to break in?
I guess you putting into the neutral camp means that I can expect to put it into the warm camp, huh? J/K :-)

John
John, I've had the one DCCA Extreme Reference I own for about three weeks. It sounded darn good straight out of the box, and frankly, I haven't paid much attention to the break-in since the arrival of the cord corresponded with the delivery of my updated APL Denon 3910.

I guess you putting into the neutral camp means that I can expect to put it into the warm camp, huh? J/K :-)

It's possible, John. We all have vastly different systems, and we all hear differently as well. The DCCA Extreme Reference is certainly warmer than the Shunyata Python cord it replaced, and I'd say it's not as warm as the Elrod EPS3 Signature cord that feeds my other Hydra 2 conditioner, but it's a matter of small degrees.
John, I would like to hear from you, what is your
impression of your Extreme,it looks liket the DCCA ref1,
and the Extreme are very consistent performer,Grant Iam
glad you are happy.My seacrh of pc is over with these
cables.Thanks 711.