Cable auditions - Hard Work?

Does anyone find it to be "hard work" to audition cables? I find that I have to be 'fresh' before I can begin to listen to cables. After I begin, I can only listen, with the intensity needed, for a period of about an hour.

As I do A/B comparisons, it sometimes seems, my impressions change as I listen. Sometimes the differences are so small or subtle, that I question if I'm hearing a difference at all. Have I lost it?

How do you folks do your cable auditions? I'd really like to know.

Thanks
paul
oldpet
JD

Thank you for the amazingly well said explaination. In theory this all makes perfect sence. It's also sad to think that only one cable (KS Emotion) is able to pass a perfectly square sine wave, thus allowing a pure signal to reach the speakers. At $2700 per meter, the KS is out of the question for me. So the question arises - Does anyone want to buy my rig? :-)
I believe all three, actually five lines of KS cables have the same characteristics. I actually know very little about the other lines, other than each line is about half the cost of the one above. They also come with a trade up policy which allows upgrading if desired.

As far as no other cable... I'm not sure, this is the only one however I have tried that is unique in it's characteristics and thus revolutionary in my mind.
Jadem6, you've completely sold me on the K-S Emotion cables with this and your other post. I've already told Joe by email that I will be saving up over the next year and will completely upgrade my system to his cables. Thanks for some very enlightening information. You have provided some terrific posts about these cables and information that I can really use. Thanks a million.

Bill
Jadem6: That was a really outstanding analysis you provided. Made good sense, to me.
Jadem6

If all of the various lines of KS cables have the same characteristics, and by that I assume you mean -they allow a perfectly square sine wave to pass, then how is the halving of costs accounted for?

thanks
paul