Zucable's Varial

Anyone out there using these ICs with their cdp? My new rig setup means I have to sell my Harmonix Golden Performance. Just too short no matter how I slice it. Zu does have a generous money back return policy, but I was just wondering if anyone out there has these babies in their system? Oops, just realized that I haven't checked the archives, but if any audiophools haven't contributed in the past, I'd certainly appreciate your feedback. thanks in advance. peace, warren :)
128x128warrenh
I was interested in the Varial, but as I did research on it, I found people who loved it, and many who did not think it very good at all, with a somewhat skewed frequency balance and soundstage. I'd be curious to hear from those who have used it and compared it to cables in its price range.
don't use the varial in a warm sounding rig. Also if you like the sound of silver you are going to hate the zu sound.
hello the varial are all about balance if you system s bright it will bring that out as far as if you have a warm sounding system ,that is ok if that what your speakers
or amp, preamp is doing and you like it . This cable exposes weaknesses down stream in your system that is why there are people that don't like it . I have a 20k + system with their mother power cables and my system sings also with the Ibus speaker cable.Why do you thing Srajan
from 6moons.com likes it ,for it works well in many systems that are in there for review.
That's what I loved about my Harmonix Golden Performance ICs. I do not like the idea of using ICs as tone controls. Never did. That is great to hear about the Varials. Funny you should post today on this. My Varials came just a couple of hours ago. I have them hooked (via a conversation with Adam) up to a cheap cdp, that I have hooked to my home video amp. I'm just going to leave it on 24/7 for 8 days. That will give them a good 200 hours. Don't like playing my music behind the IC eight ball. The remaining break in I can deal with.