Zucable's Varial

Anyone out there using these ICs with their cdp? My new rig setup means I have to sell my Harmonix Golden Performance. Just too short no matter how I slice it. Zu does have a generous money back return policy, but I was just wondering if anyone out there has these babies in their system? Oops, just realized that I haven't checked the archives, but if any audiophools haven't contributed in the past, I'd certainly appreciate your feedback. thanks in advance. peace, warren :)
128x128warrenh

Warren,
I also can't see where Ozzy referred to any interconnects as "tone controls". Since this is your thread, I'll sign off with:

Peace, Sherod
If Ozzy never used an IC to soften some strident highs, or add a little brightness to something here or there that needed it, or maybe an IC that had a little more punch for this or that...I stand corrected....I thought by the mere mention of Kimber that he may lean that way. NBFD...sleep tight Ozzy, they are watching out for you....peace, warren :)
Warren,

I did not mean to offend you with my comments on the Zu Cables. I took exception to the comparison to a class of cables that they just don't belong.

I'll admit I bought the Zu cables a few years back based on the hype at the time.

The Zu people are very nice and provide excellent cutomer support. The cables are good,and you are right they are not tone controls.
We should not buy cables to adjust faults in our systems.

But, we do buy cables that complement our systems. Thats why I have so many (always changing components). I even own a Audiodharma Cable Cooker (great item )

What is lacking in the Zu cables IMHO is the feeling that they complement the music and draw you in to the music. They sound kind of rough compared to other fine cables.
You will know it when you experience it.

Peace,
Ken
Ozzy my man, thanks for your thoughts. You said it best: "you'll know when you experience it." I suppose that's always the way it is...