XLR-RCA adapters - which to choose?

I need an RCA male to XLR male adapter because my SACD player doesn't have balanced outputs and I don't want to reterminate my (expensive) Nirvana S-X Ltd interconnects! Does anyone have a view on who makes the best and/or best value adapters? I have been considering Purist Audio Design (expensive) and Cardas (less expensive). Is there much differnce between them and are ther others I should look at? Thanks
jabali_hunter
Get the Cardas. I am using them on my own Nirvana S-X Ltds. for a similar problem, needing to turn a balanced cable into RCA. They are relatively inexpensive and I have not detected any sound coloration whatsoever. A simple solution.
Got an interesting email from an Audiogon member. He says:
Using a transformer or an active circuit adds "processing" in the audio path - don't do it!
My friend had Cardas and switched to Tara Labs adapters, which he thought are better. With either one, you must open it up and cut the shorting wire between pins 1-3.
It is a major stupidity of this industry to do so!!!
Your best bet is still a single cable with RCA on one end and XLR on the other, but an adapter is a cost-effective way to go.
Well - in spite of previous posts, I did get some Purist Audio adapters and they work perfectly.