MIT's not good for tube components?

I was at a hi-fi store the other day and started chatting with the owner regarding improving my system and such. We got to the subject of cables, and I mentioned that I was using MIT 2 biwire for speaker cables and MIT 330 shotguns for IC's. He quickly mentioned that I needed to get new cables, because MIT's weren't good for tube components. I wasn't sure if he was trying to get me to buy cables from him or if in fact MIT's are deficient for tube components.

Any comments regarding this?

Also, if you have any recommendations for speaker cables and IC's that may mate well with my system, I would appreciate them.

My system:
Vandersteen 2ce sig
Eastern Electric Minimax tube CDP
TAD-150 sig tube preamp
McCormack DNA-1 deluxe
drewyou
Let's put it this way: MIT makes a good neutral (ie accurate) cable with good (ie low) time smear properties. But that only applies to their upper models, not the ones you are using -- which are about the same as most mid-priced product from any of the major manufacturers. If you like the naturally warm tube sound but not overdone, the expensive MIRs would be an OK choice. For the same money as the upper model MITs though, you should consider either Purist or Transparent as having better performance in those same with quieter background -- especially the Purist products.

What your dealer said about MITs not being appropriate for a tube system is highly suspect, but might in fact apply to an acknowledged warm and fuzzy cable like Cardas.

Bottom line: Don't simply change your present cables for a similar mid-line model in another brand. That would be a waste of money. And if you're going to move up, consider the two other brands I mentioned, along with Straightwire, Madrigal, and Synergistic.
That is far from the truth. My friend has Joule Electra tube amps driving JM Lab speakers and he uses MIT Oracle v2.1 ic and speaker wires. His system sounds very transparent and musical.
Nsgarch provides many valuable comments here. I too ran with the 330 for many years and still use it in my HT setup. Compared to the latest offerings by many companies, the 330 is severely rolled off at the extremes and only has mediocre resolution. But this model does not at all reflect the top MIT models of a 5-6 years ago or today.

I have not heard the MIT V series ICs or speaker cables, but I ran with the 350 Ref Proline and 350 EVO which were the top MIT lines preceeding the V series. For the money, these are unbeatable in longer lengths. The price hit is only the first meter so if you need a long length from preamp to amps, this is an awesome value. And this is what I used for many years from various ARC preamps and amps (all tube) as well as BAT and Aesthetix preamps and Wolcott amps....again, all tube. The only issue with the MIT cables here was a slight valley in the mids. But I was able to compensate well by using Coincident speaker cables that were a bit too rich in the mids.

I have sense moved onto the Purist cables and have not looked back. These cover the frequency extremes, far more dynamic and more tonally coherent than the MIT models I listed above. Before you pay the multi-thousand $$ price of the top MIT models, you need to look into the Purist. But one thing for sure, the MIT cables' performance work mighty fine with tubes.

John
Yioryos,
Yes I am selling MIT Oracle ic cables. However they are not what he was looking for. And I dont own any tube amps. I have Accuphase amplifiers and B&W speakers.
Nick