Home made cable lifters.

I was wondering if any of the a`gon members have come up with an inexpensive and effective way to get these things off the deck.
capt369
Buy a 3 foot piece of 1/8" or 3/16" hard wood dowel about a buck or so.Cut it into say pieces 4-5 inches long.Take 3 pieces make a teepee shape triangle,tie together with a thin strip of tape with about 1-1 1/2" above and 3" below and viola.Spread out so they make a stable tripod.They are sturdy but if something should fall on them they will collapse and will not damage cable.
They look pretty neat and does not get any cheaper,but they are very effective.
Thanks Herman and Peter for your input. Is it true that ceramic devices make the best isolators? I think I read that somewhere. It seems that the sets that I`ve found so far on the market are $100+ for a set of 8. I`d like to put that money toward something else in the system.
Antique shops Porcelon telephone pole insulators . Work and look great. Many sizes and colors. I collect the brown ( with groove ). Paid as little as $2 ( 4" ) and as much as $15 ( 8" high ) .. The look awesome!!!!!!
Get a 4x4 cedar post and set your miter box at about a 70 degree angle and cut off triangles. I leave about 1/4 inch of flat surface at the top of each triangle. Cheap. Easy. They even smell good.