Will high price HDMI cable makes a difference?

I need to purchase one and there seems to be quite a range of price from 19 to more than 100 dollars. Will the differnece be that great between 19 vs. 100?
andy2
Davetroy-
My experience was just the opposite of yours, but I didn't use Monster cable, nor would I. In fact, that was the cable I replaced! I contacted the Cable Company and got their top recommended HDMI cable. YES, there was a considerable difference, and NO it was not their most expensive HDMI cord. I stand by my comments - there are differences in shielding, connectors, etc. in HDMI cables just like any others, that yield differing results. There are also a number of people that insist they see or hear no differences when people in the same room do pick up the differences. Thats the difference in perceptions I was referring to, and that is by no means ridiculous - it happens every day in stores and shops across America.

I'm not saying, nor have I said, that there are NOT a lot of companies out there who try to take advantage of our desire to see or hear differences, because they DO exist. It takes some digging sometimes to find cables that make you happy and cost obviously does not necessarily equal quality.
If people WANT to see a diffrence they will, its that simple. Also talking to anyone who insists there is a big diffrence is like talking to a drunk, you can try to reason with them but you will just give up after you decide it is a waste of time to argue. That is what is both great and a shame about audio.....to each their own.
The same drunk analogy can be said of anyone that insists there is "no difference". I won't waste any more of my time with this discussion either. So, we differ. No harm, no foul..
Joeyboynj - send me an e-mail and I will give you the details.
I always find it amusing when people make comments stating the higher priced monster cable's "dramatically" improve quality. I will not deny the fact there is an improvement but i will say that the same dramatic improvement can also be had for a great deal less from lesser known brands as in the case of www.bluejeancables.com and www.monoprice.com. If you want highend check out the www.ramelectronics.net cables for $33.00. Oh wait the monster cables are better! Laugh!