Cable elevators

Hi. Would anyone like to weigh in on cable elevators, and whether or not they believe there is any audible difference with those speaker cables off the floor?
rsasso
I use ceramic made a big difference on carpeted floor. Would hate to not have them in my system. When I see systems without them I think in my mind how much clarity is missing. Most dealers use them what does that tell you.
Amen walkelin!the differance from glasses to cable (ceramic)was not subtle for my system.corrected timber,bass definition,put more air of transperancy in soundstage.my system will never be without!
Save some money. Go to a Dollar Store, buy a package of clothes pins. Remove the springs and replace them with a rubber O ring. Place your wires between the top of the pins.
I agree with Walkelin, Digsmithd and others. Ceramic works best in my system.

The Mapleshade dowel/tripods were inexpensive but impractical for larger or heavier speaker cables. Others have used them effectively; I have to admit they were not easily setup here with my Shunyata powersnakes and AQ Volcano wire (could be user error...)

I'm using ceramic elevators from Precision Audio;

http://www.musicdirect.com/products/detail.asp?sku=AELEVI

at $20/each, they are reasonable, look great and give a noticeable difference in sound buy getting my power and speaker cables off a rather nasty large dielectric (carpet)
Most folks think they make a difference on carpeted floors. I have pine floors, no carpet. Does anyone still think there is benefit to the cable elevators?
Thanks