Has Anyone Criticized The Choice Of Your Cables?

Has anyone, either a dealer or an experienced friend come over to your place and provide some constructive(or negative) critism to the choice of cables in your system? If yes, how would you deal with it? Recently I have a guy who came over and he was pretty vocal on the cables in my system. Although the choice of words were quite unpleasant, I just brushed him off in a friendly manner since I am an open-minded person. I was just wondering how one would react in these kind of situations.
ryder
I proudly show my DIY cables before I start the music. I have been ridiculed absentia, but never in person...... After I start the music.
Perhaps you could show him that your cables can double as a garrote, and give him a personal demonstration?

By the way, I looked at your system, and the guy was right.
Your cables suck big time!
I have lamp cord that works better than those cables!
;-)
(I am, of course, just kidding!)

I think you handled it just fine.
Let the guy think what he wants.
If it bothers you, don't invite him over again.
Ryder...All of us have faced situations like this with regard to many kinds of things. And though we might prefer or enjoy what we have, it might still pinch a bit if someone else comes on the way your friend did. Though he may have been honest in his comments, as a good friend, he could have been a bit diplomatic or considerate in expressing his opinion. I think Kurt tank has it right, though I might have said in a non combative way, "Well, your taste differs from mine. I like what the cable does for my system."
Thanks for the suggestions, and the humor Kurt_tank. I guess it is a matter of differing preferences or philosophy that has led to the criticism. I have no problems taking that in my stride. It's just that I thought the choice of words could be toned down a bit. "Rubbish" and "Nonsense" were descriptive terms used in describing the cables. Apart from this slight anomaly, he comes off as an honest and friendly guy.
I seemingly erred in assuming this "critic" was a good friend of yours. Nonetheless, he still could have responded in a more decent tone.