How to Attach Spade 10 AWG Solid Copper

I am working on DIY cable project. I am almost done, I just don't know how to attach the spades I purchased. I have spades that require crimping. I need to somehow attach a 10 AWG solid single copper conductor to the spade. Can someone suggest a cost effective tool for accomplishing this. I have never crimped a connection and I have had a hard time finding a resource to aid me in my project, any will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
dfelkai
I purchased one of these criming tools a couple of years ago. It is very handy to have around as it works great.
After crimping I always solder the joint for strenght and durability.
Agree a crimp is going to fail. For solderless: I would use a spade (like WBT) that can be screwed down onto the wire for a solid tight connection. Even drilling a hole into the shaft of the spade, threading it and using an allen head set screw will do a great connection (I would file the wire to have a flat spot where the set screw meets the wire, to make it (nearly) impossible for the wire to pull out.
First solder at high heat using the least amount of solder to make a perfect connection. Then you can crimp. Do not crimp first and then solder.
I one crimps at all, it should be done first, to obtain the best/most metal to metal contact. Minimum solder between the actual conductors is preferable. Once soldered, a crimp is wasted effort. Obviously- solder is a conductor also, but none will be as good as the spade or cable's metal.