Power Cables which take the soundstage back

Hello,
I have almost always focused on ICs and Spk Cables...but I always knew that Power chords also make a good difference. This is the first time I am venturing seriously into power chords. I am not looking for anything fancy. Primarily I see power chords should be doing the following:

a) Clean up the background noise (because of better shielding etc) which a stock chord would not be doing a good job at.

b) Provide good current capabilities which enables to make music denser, tones get more body and especially bass gets meatier and tighter (the last one normally happens more often)

These are primarily two things I am looking at.
I have tried some power chords in the near past and I have observed one common pattern:

1. Power chords which tighten up the bass (in comparison to stock chords) also bring the images a bit forward.

2. Some Power chords do a good job of taking the soundstage further back...I dont know how and why but I have seen it happening. Some of them end up presenting a bit loose bass in the process (only some of them)

So, for me at this point, a power chord which can take the soundstage back (without introducing anomalies like loose bass) would be a wonderful addition. Thats a very critical requirement for me. I am sure you guys would have experienced power chords which do such things. I am not intending to shell out more than $200 (new or used) at this point. Kindly suggest.
pani
PC's are icing on the cake. Yes, I've heard differences in cords. I've built several flavors of cords. I've done a shootout of different brands, low and high priced. They certainly CAN make a difference, but sometimes the differences are subtle flavors and not dramatic differences. Othertimes there's little to no apparent difference at all.

You won't know for yourself unless you try it in your own system. Experimentation is fun, but expensive unless you have friends who can bring over different cords for you to check out.

Enjoy,
Bob
For me, power cords made a HUGE difference...in that I must agree with Richard_Stacey... My system was very good with stock power cords, but is absolutely magical now with the upgraded cords. Vandersteen 5A's have powered subwoofers built into the speaker itself. There is a high pass filter that directs the signal from the owner's amp to the midrange and tweeter, and the bass signal is routed to the amp in the speaker to power the subwoofer. I changed the stock power cords to the speakers to experiment and discovered that the whole speaker dramatically improved...not only the lows. I can't tell you why, only that it sounds fabulous...and merely excellent before.
As long as it's capable of passing the current your amp requires at max draw, you can waste all the money you want
and it won't make a difference except to the cable industry.
Make yourself a #14 or better yet a #12 with shielding connected on the plug side only for a drain and worry about one less thing. Take the extra $500 and buy music,for that is what the equipment is for.
Russe41, a voice of reason in a storm of superstition (or justifying a ridiculous purchase).
b) Provide good current capabilities which enables to make music denser, tones get more body and especially bass gets meatier and tighter (the last one normally happens more often)

The cord that i noticed that does this very well is the $400+ purist audio design Museus powercord.
Its one of those special cords.
Good luck