Power Strip Question - PLEASE HELP

I need to power my audio system and various electronics from a single duplex outlet. Although this is less than ideal, I need some advice on how to avoid degrading sound quality.

Essentially, I want to buy 2 power strips for the duplex outlet. The first will be used exclusively for my audio system, while the second will be used exclusively for other electronics. Here is the breakdown:

1) Wiremold L10320 Power Strip (9 outlets, 6 foot cord):
- Naim Nait 5i-2 integrated amplifier
- Naim Nait 5i-2 cd player
- Pro-Ject Tube Box II phono pre-amplifier
- Pro-Ject Debut II TT (weak link, I know)

2) XYZ Power Strip:
- Alarm clock
- Phone charger
- External HD
- Laptop computer

My main concern is with the second power strip. I'm worried that these common electronics, being powered on the same line, might degrade the sound quality of my audio system.

Is there any way to limit the interference of these electronics, thus preserving sound quality? For instance, would a power strip with a surge protector limit the interference that these electronics may produce?

If possible, I would like some recommendations for power strips from Allied Electronics, since I will be buying the Wiremold from them (http://www.alliedelec.com/).

I don't have any strict requirements, but I would prefer an inexpensive unit (<$10, if possible) with a short cord.

Thank you so much for the help!
jferreir
Thank you for the suggestion, but the PS Audio PowerPlant Premier is, oh, about $1120 USD more than the Wiremold L1032. That is way, way beyond my means.

I have $100 CDN max. No exceptions. If I'm going to spend that kind of money (which I don't have), I'd rather upgrade my $250 turntable. Please keep in mind that I'm already over budget. At this phase of my 'audio project', power distribution is a minor tweak and nothing else.

Now, what's up with surge protection? Everyone on the Naim forum seems to be of a different opinion. I seriously can't get a straight answer. Can someone please explain the science behind it all in idiot-proof terms? Thanks!
The one topic I have not seen discussed here is the circuit that this one plug/outlet is on. What else does it power? Is it possible to dedicate it and make it a 20amp circuit. I think I would make my first investment there. An electricion can tell you if it possible to run 12ga. wire and add another circuit for the balance of the shared outlets/lighting. This is just MHO.
Furman makes a very good $150 eight outlet power strip which would seem to accommodate your needs. They may push you towards two different strips or say that isolation between the pieces/outlets is adequate.
Jferreir, there are basically two surge control technologies - MOV and non-MOV. You can read up on the methods on the Brickwall or SurgeX web sites. Some claim that MOVs will degrade the sound. MOVs are used in many power control units like those from Monster and Belkin.

I've found that the outlets in a strip or conditioner can have a large impact on the sonics. I think the main reason the Wiremold is often recommended is that it has decent brass outlets. In general I find that I prefer the sound of good brass outlets to those that are nickel plated.

You might wish to note that Naim generally recommends no power conditioning, and advises the use of power strips with high copper brass outlets. For your non-audio use power strip the outlet quality probably isn't very important.

Since you're on a limited budget, I'd suggest you go ahead and get the Wiremold L10320 for your audio gear, and another strip like those from Tripp Lite for non-audio use.

Try it and see how it sounds. Later on you could always try to borrow a fancier power conditioner to gauge its effectiveness. If you're worried about surges just unplug the Wiremold when you are not listening.
If he can't move furniture, what makes you think the owner of the place will let him hire an electrician to rewire the house? And what electrician will run new cables for less than $100?
I would say if it sounds OK, leave it alone. Try a conditioner from a retailer that will let you return it if it doesn't improve anything. Maybe BestBuy or some local shop, or try one of the mail-order houses. Check their return policy first. You will probably end up paying shipping at least one way if you return it.