KCI Pure Gold and the benefits

Hi Guys just wanted to share my new love for the majic of pure gold interconnects. Ive been through the paces of tring different mid to high grade interconnects in my system and finally tried pure gold. Now the price does vary significantly from pure gold cable to pure gold cable, I picked up the KCI and have really loved what gold did for my modest system compared to pure silver, flat ribbon and tons of different copper. I have read the white papers about silver being a better conductor and even some on why gold is more pleasing to the ear. I feel that gold is more coherent top to bottom than silver but noticed many of my audio friends are using silver still. What is the general feeling and use here amongst guys with the high end of equipment? Are you using gold and does it get even better with higher end equipment?
stivervii
What's sweet is I have 2 systems in the same room. A tube(Cary SLI80 Sig F1) and GamuT DI-150 solid state, sharing the same CD player and power cables and speaker cables and speakers! Takes 2 minutes to change. Fun.
Hey Geared4me!! How are ya? Good to see you're still poking around the "audio world". The speaker cables Mr. Art has are a pretty simple design actually, it's the wire that is the real gem. They are a single run of pure silver wire(12 a.w.g.)for each leg pulled thru over-sized virgin teflon, covered in a cotton layer, then a layer of polyethylene and finally protected with a layer of better quality techflex type covering. They come standard terminated(cold weld) with Eichmann's gold plated, oxygen free high-conductivity copper spades.

Good seeing you on here and please feel free to email me directly anytime you have a question as I seem to be a "tad" slow in catching this thread. I hope you are doing well.

Best,
John

Hi Pat!! Glad you are still putting those cables through the paces. So how do you like that Cary?
Here is an update on the Silkworm SE XLR. First off, I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words but I'll try my best.

John said these cables have a roller coaster break in and he's right. One day they can sound good and the next day take 2 steps backwards. Once the cables break in you'll know it, so be patient you will be rewarded.

Comparing them to Crystal Cables the Silkworms are much ,fuller sounding. CC are leaner in the bass and have more treble energy.

Listening to the SACD 3 Guitars on Chesky with the CC you get more string less body. The SW gives the string plus the wooden body of the acoustic guitars, which sound more natural.

Oscar Peterson Tracks CD the lower registers sound deep and powerful. This is a must have recording. The piano is beautifully captured. The Silkworms make it sound very dynamic and the tone is great.

The Silkworms give music a smooth,rich,warm,textured sound which is quite beautiful. That doesn't mean fat,slow,and,colored. They are detailed,fast,dynamic without being hifi sounding.

They make you relax and enjoy music instead of always analyzing how it sounds. Maybe in an overly warm set-up it might be to much of a good thing. If your system is lean or on the neutral side the Silkworms might give you just what your looking for IMHO. It's all system dependent,I had to change some tubes and PC,before the sound fell into place.

I am really liking the way my stereo is sounding. I can't give the Silkworms all the credit, but they are the icing on the cake!

John is a nice guy. He really cares about making you happy, besides if the IC's don't work out for ya, I think he has a return policy. I won't be sending mine back.

Great Job!
Thanks, John
How did this thread die out? Any KCI product updates from new or existing users? John, can you give us an update on the product line and all your current offerings?
Hi Art
The reason why this post has died out is most of us are at home listening to John's fabulous cables and enjoying the music ..imo this is very rare in this hobby

How are you btw ?